Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
LetoLiebe
" I can't wait to take it easy"
February 21, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I was at the park, doing my post jog/run play ground time with my youngest one. This nice woman walked up and started talking to me while I was doing my sit ups. We just started chatting and then we got on the topic of working and staying home with the kids and she said "I will be staying home with my 3 kids in about a week, I put in my resignation one week ago. I work my ass off and don't make any money and there's no appreciation for all the work I do. I can not wait to stay home with the kids so I can relax and take it easy for a while and finally get some appreciation, you know?" I held back my explosive laughter and just agreed with her. I remember feeling that way before I really understood the whole "labours of love" thing for real. I do feel that caring for your kids if you can, is best for them, and I love being able to be there for them, for now, until I find a job that works for our family, but if your expecting relaxation and highly deserved appreciation, you've been watching too many made for tv scripted house wives shows. I didn't have the heart or the time to challenge her expectations. My bon bons, 20 year old tennis coach and 12:00 spa appointment where waiting, lol. Why ruin the surprise!

Replies

• redhead-bedhead
    February 21, 2013 at 10:19 AM
    And the pissing contest starts...
  • MamaRae85

I'm one of those moms who agrees with her. I'm a SAHM, and I find it much easier. It's not this way for everyone, but I definitely get to "take it easy" more often than with a job.

• danie24
    by danie24

I find being a SAHM very relaxing.

Especially in the summer months when we spend all day, everyday at the beach :)

We are all different, of course.. but life is certainly less stressful and busy when you don`t have to constantly work around a work schedule or go to a job you hate everyday.

• mehaffiesub
    February 21, 2013 at 10:20 AM
    I love being a SAHM I know its the best job in the world but it aint all relaxing and sunshine.
  • diaperstodating
    I was a stay at home mom when I only had two boys. I work part time now, and I am off every summer - that's good enough for me. A few months of "being a stay at home mom" now is fine. I don't desire to be a full time stay at home mom permanently.
  • lifeforchrist

thats relative. Working was 100xs easier for me. I have two children within the age of two. I don't stop moving all day long and my house is in a continual state of needing to be picked up. It certainly isn't a vacation.

Quoting SnapIt:

It really isnt that hard to be a sahm

Now the appreciation part.... Thats one i wouldve laughed at

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    February 21, 2013 at 10:21 AM
    I think it really depends on the mom and family situation. Some moms were made to stay at home and have a wonderful home life and husband. Other people stay home out of half choice with a husband who doesn't help and doesn't appreciate anything.
  • sugareemommee
    It's not a breeze but there's more room for relaxation as a sahm vs 40 hour week working ma.
  • notjstasocermom

Quoting SnapIt:

It really isnt that hard to be a sahm

Now the appreciation part.... Thats one i wouldve laughed at

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    No matter how awesomely I have managed to schedule a day, I never relax lol.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN