Mom Confessions

Anonymous
I did something I regret
by Anonymous
February 21, 2013 at 3:33 AM
About 45 mins ago my baby (6 months) woke up from a night terror. I didn't know this until I researched it later. While he was screaming bloody murder and crying bf was yelling at me and getting me flustered. It's like him yelling at me was more important than the baby and I was trying to make him see that it's not about us. I didn't know what to do for my son and in high intense situations I tend to freak out and get anxiety. Bf wouldn't leave me alone and let me tend to the baby so I punched him in the face to get his attention and make him realize my seriousness that he needs to leave me alone. I feel bad but I don't know what to do or say other than "sorry" which isn't much. Help!

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 21, 2013 at 3:35 AM
    I wouldn't apologize. He deserved it
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 21, 2013 at 3:36 AM

See about counseling to learn more coping skills for both of you?  

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 21, 2013 at 3:37 AM
    Sounds like a very unhealthy environment for that precious baby :(
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 21, 2013 at 3:38 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree he didn't sound very helpful. Understatement.  So in that situation, I'm not very domestic violence outraged, because damn screaming baby plus hassled mom.    But I don't think its good for kids to grow up around violence, and it sounds like it just made her feel more out of control and helpless in some ways.  So I think therapy could help.

• D.O.E.
    by D.O.E.
    February 21, 2013 at 3:40 AM
    I was going to say "we all do things we regret, the trick is to learn from your mistakes and not repeat them"
    But in this case im just gonna say, thats not cool. You punched your partner i. The face.
    Should he have been yelli.g at you? Well no i am sure it also did not help calm baby either. But way to escelate the situation and make somethi.v thats not a big deal (crying bBy and flustered man) way way worse.
    If it wouldnt fly as an excuse for him to hit you why should it fly as an excuse for you to hit him?

Thats domestic violence. You need to may e go to some anger managment or something.
    And perhaps you both would benefit from parentibg classes and perhaps learn some communication skills.

You cant be flipping out on each other every time your kid has a nightmare or hurts himself or whatever.
  • D.O.E.
    by D.O.E.
    February 21, 2013 at 3:42 AM
    Quoting Anonymous:

So the next time your yelling and being an ass it would be fine and dandy for your dh or so to punch you in the face then right? Ok. Cool.
  • KaylasMama11
    February 21, 2013 at 3:42 AM

wow if the baby was crying why was he screaming at you this makes no sense? if the baby was crying he should have shut up and tend the baby !! he really was acting immature but it is always wrong to get physical with your husband. i guess you can apolojize after he does..

• sandra_t00
    February 21, 2013 at 3:43 AM
    You should have been punched back.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 21, 2013 at 3:44 AM
    Did it hurt him. Like black eye or something. He should have left you alone to tend to ds. But you need to learn to control your emotions. Is this your first baby? If so definitely some anger management for you because this is just the beginning. I would just leave bf alone for a while. Sit down and talk in the morning. Good luck.
  • sandra_t00
    February 21, 2013 at 3:44 AM
    So next time you get all crazy and shit you deserve to get punched in the face by your SO/husband/whatever right?

Quoting Anonymous:

Mom Confessions