Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Co-sleeping? Why do moms judge me?
by Anonymous
February 20, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Why is it that mothers have such strong opinions against my babies snuggling at night? 

My husbands military while he was oversees this has alleviated a lot of stress for my BABIES and me. Not JUST me (and) 

although I could say that.

or I could say it's been happening since day 1. With ds2 I voted against it, but he ended up in bed with us at 6mon and hasn't left.

its convienent, I bf so it's easy, even my grandma who has 6 kids was strongly against it, (for her own benefit lol) but her last two she bf, and she recently told me, "oh yeah. They definitely came in bed with me, that was the best part about night feedings, they were easy!" 

Than I have my grandmother in law, who has made crude remarks to me from the beginning.  

So why all the negative feed? What's your stance? 

Replies

• britmichele
    February 20, 2013 at 11:58 PM
    I co sleep, have since day 1. He is 4 now
  • lendales_mommi
    February 20, 2013 at 11:59 PM

I dont know why people are so uptight about it....but I think there should be atleast an age where they need to go to there own rooms.IT can be good for a 5 yo to still sleep with his momma you know

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 20, 2013 at 11:59 PM

My mom did with all three if us as well. :) 

Quoting britmichele:

I co sleep, have since day 1. He is 4 now

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 21, 2013 at 12:01 AM

I have a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old. So I can't imagine telling my than 5 yr old no, when his 3yr old brother still can, lol it's so hard with them so close :) hehehe

Quoting lendales_mommi:

I dont know why people are so uptight about it....but I think there should be atleast an age where they need to go to there own rooms.IT can be good for a 5 yo to still sleep with his momma you know

• marihla
    by marihla
    February 21, 2013 at 12:02 AM

alleviated, not elevated lol. The first time I read that I couldn't understand why you would do something that elevates your babies' stress.

Anywho, women judge anything with legs. I wish it weren't that way. We should let each other be parents and do the best we can.

• KTU
    by KTU
    Kim
    We co-sleep. Our oldest is about to be 3, and our baby is 15 mths. Best snuggle bugs in the world!

Don't let other opinions get you down. You have to do what is right and best for your family!
  • Chan_Brawner88
    Its just not as acceptable here as it is other countries. I bf and we do it too! Its unnatural to me to put my baby so far away. I know moms who do, and moms who don't. One friend actually lost her baby recently.... Was having breathing problems, threw up and aspirated his vomit. Yet none of the co sleeping moms I know have had their baby die in bed with them. I know it can happen. I have just hid it from people.
  • jnw2992
    by jnw2992
    I love co-sleeping
  • CamdensMommy928

I co slept for a week (right after my baby was born). I didnt sleep well but my son adjusted better to being home from the hospital. Then he did well in his crib after that. 

Different mom, different choice, People need to respect that. 

• rvb146
    by rvb146
    February 21, 2013 at 12:03 AM
    I cosleep. Ds is a year old. When he was newborn he slept on my chest. I don't care what people say about it.

Mom Confessions