Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Do you like your kids?
by Anonymous
February 20, 2013 at 7:44 PM
I have an older child (8) and baby (5 mo). I don't like my son. He's mean, bossy, defiant, annoying, and extremely whiney. He's gotten so much worse since his sister was born. He gets tons if attention from me and everybody and has every game and toy available! He tells me he's going to bed at 8:30, I say no bed time is 8. He argues with me and balls his fists. I ask him to brush his teeth he says no. I te him he has to and when he finaly goes to do it, he tries to stare me down as he walks by! I ask him what's wrong he says he doesn't know. He says I don't love him. I'm at my wits end. I'm so angry and annoyed with him that I don't even like him a y more. I love him but this is ridiculous. No judging or bashing please. I need good helpful advice. Could all thus be from a new baby? He's been only child for 8 years...

UPDATE: this morning he came to me very remorseful and hugged me tight and said he's sorry and he loves me very much. And also can he still go to soccer practice? Lol SMH

I also looked into that ODD and it sounds like him. I'm booking an appt. with a child councilor. Thank you all fir your comments and suggestions, and helping me feel not so hopeless.

Replies

• peanutsmommy1
    February 20, 2013 at 7:44 PM
    Yep
    I only have one :-)
  • Dinimon
    by Dinimon
    February 20, 2013 at 7:45 PM
    Yes, I love all of my kids.
  • calvinsmommy18
    Yes.
  • Pink.Sunshine

Sometimes...I kid. :)

• brittanyjenean
    February 20, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Sounds a little bratty.  Spare the rod and spoil the child. 

He's likely jealous, but you would think at 8 he would understand better than say a 4 or 5 year old would.  Just sit down and ask him what's going on, how he's doing. 

• SalemWitchChild
    February 20, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Has this been a recent change? If so it could be jealousy from the baby.

Perhaps do something special with just him. As far as the defiant behavior, what consequences are you giving when he disobeys? Even when he's doing his chore but giving attitude, my DD would have a consequence for that. Momma doesn't accept attitude. I'd make her apologize.

• alexsmomaubrys2
    February 20, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Why are you arguing with him? You need to be consistant with your expectations and consequences. Sounds like you spoil him and he is use to getting his way.

• alexsmomaubrys2
    February 20, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Yes. I like my children very, very much.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2

Unfortunately it sounds as if you have spoiled him. He's only 8 so there's plenty of time to turn things around. I have no clue how though. Good luck with him.

• alf2651
    by alf2651

Yes, I do. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email