Mom Confessions

1stTimeMomofOne
Lost my identity!
February 20, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Thank you all for all the encouragement you ladies have given! To all the stay at home moms as well as the working ones, I'm inspired by all of you. It gave me a lot of hope and made me get out of the slump I'm in, a step in the right direction. Also thanks to all the ones that were judge mental and discouraging, its been fun. I haven't had to defend myself in that way in a LONG time. Reminds me of high school! Lol either way I'm glad to see 95% of moms have at one time felt like me and am relieved so many got out of it!! Thanks for taking the time to tell me your stories! I really appreciate it!! God bless you all!!! <3

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 20, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Great.  Now you don't know what you want to be when you grow up - because you didn't become it first.

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

Does any other mom out there feel as if once they had their baby they forgot who they were before then? I'm a young mother 22 and my son is 16 months. The first year flew by and when I look back it's kind of a blur! I guess for lack of sleep!! But now I feel like I have more time to maybe do something for myself since he's a bit older and sleeps through the night of course! Before him I always knew I wanted to be a teacher, but now, not so sure! In a way I feel like I've forgotten who I was before. I feel like I don't even know what my interests are anymore!! Because the past year or actually since I became pregnant, it's as if I switched into mommy mode and that was my life and that's it. Does or has anyone ever felt this way??

• HistoryNutty
    February 20, 2013 at 8:01 AM
    Yeah, but I'm getting it back. My kid is two, will be three in September. It just takes time. Be sure to have time for yourself. That was nap time for me, but my kid doesn't tap naps anymore. :(
  • elliem87
    February 20, 2013 at 8:05 AM
    I was 22 almost 23 when I had my dd. It took my mom and some really good friends to show me I wasn't just a mommy.

I would go out when my daughter went to sleep. At the time I lived with my mom and sister.

My friends that had kids would have dd and I come over, dd would play with other kids, and we would get time to be grown ups.
  • lapcounter
    February 20, 2013 at 8:06 AM
    Nope
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 20, 2013 at 8:11 AM
    Op, it is normal to feel this way. Be kind to yourself. Pray and take time to listen within. Slowly, things will become clear. Don't feel like you have to figure it out by noon today. Anxiety will creep in if you stress and over-think it. If you journal, go back to some of your old entries to see the things you used to dream about. Most important, don't let anyone here or in your life make you feel bad for whatever stage of life you may be in at the moment. #liveyourlife
  • 1stTimeMomofOne
    February 20, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    Yeah that is true, but you're nobody to judge. I know for a fact there are many women that were young mothers and are successful. So if you're not going to say something encouraging or relating to my problem please go judge someone else. By the way, I raise my son, not a daycare or babysitter.

Quoting Anonymous:

Great.  Now you don't know what you want to be when you grow up - because you didn't become it first.

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

Does any other mom out there feel as if once they had their baby they forgot who they were before then? I'm a young mother 22 and my son is 16 months. The first year flew by and when I look back it's kind of a blur! I guess for lack of sleep!! But now I feel like I have more time to maybe do something for myself since he's a bit older and sleeps through the night of course! Before him I always knew I wanted to be a teacher, but now, not so sure! In a way I feel like I've forgotten who I was before. I feel like I don't even know what my interests are anymore!! Because the past year or actually since I became pregnant, it's as if I switched into mommy mode and that was my life and that's it. Does or has anyone ever felt this way??

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 20, 2013 at 8:24 AM

How does whether you use daycare or sit on your ass all day impact the discussion about receiving education prior to having children? 

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

Yeah that is true, but you're nobody to judge. I know for a fact there are many women that were young mothers and are successful. So if you're not going to say something encouraging or relating to my problem please go judge someone else. By the way, I raise my son, not a daycare or babysitter.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

• 1stTimeMomofOne
    February 20, 2013 at 8:33 AM
    You obviously either don't have kids or have someone raising them for you! It makes me laugh because REAL MOMS rarely get to sit on their asses!! Boy do I wish it were that easy! And I know some people are privileged enough to have moms and others to help with their young kids while they get an education, I for one am not. And being a mom and wife without a career isn't a bad thing you know. What can I say, I fell in love and got blessed with a gorgeous gift before getting an education, so sue me!! Doesn't make you better than me or any other mother without a college degree!

Quoting Anonymous:

How does whether you use daycare or sit on your ass all day impact the discussion about receiving education prior to having children? 

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 20, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Quoting lapcounter:

Nope

• Jessy613
    February 20, 2013 at 8:34 AM

No

Mom Confessions