Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
figure this out-
by Anonymous
February 19, 2013 at 4:17 PM
You buy a car fot $3700. Its used.

You offert he person $200 extra to hold it so u can get money together on the 18th

A week later (the 7th) u have the money and ask to pick up. The person you are buying from has had a family emergancy and hasnt gotten to clean the car out %100

They left a hitch and handicapped handcontrols in the car.

You NEVER drove the car, never looked under the hood, never asked questions other then when was the last oil change and does the heat work. But the seller cleans car out and says u can pick up.

As is where is no warrenty no guarantee expressed or implied on ALL paperwork.

Fastfoward to today: you go to get the car inspected on the last day of a 10day tag and it fails.

Would you then go back to the seller and demand money back?! The car is an '04 and when we parked it it was FINE. We had it inspected in MAY and tore off the sticker cause we planned on parking it from dec to may and didnt want it stollen etc.

The family that got it said they want half the money back to fix an issue but wont tellus what issue, or wants % 100 back and us to take the car back.

They have had it since the 7th and never said a word!

Thwy said I shouldnt delete them on FB cause they know where I live and said they will take us to court.

Sorry but the as is where is no warrantee on ALL papers protects us...... right???

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 19, 2013 at 4:18 PM
    Oh the $200 wasnt a deposit just a "thanks for holding it and we will pay the $3500 that u were askinh when we get it"
  • LadyF86
    by LadyF86
    February 19, 2013 at 4:21 PM

As is MEANS As is

• davnrori
    February 19, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Let them take you to court. Most, if not all, person-to-person car sales are "as is" condition unless otherwise implied. It is on the buyer to tell the seller that the sale will be considered complete only if the car passes an inspection. You will win.

• mommie2twogirls
    February 19, 2013 at 4:23 PM

well i would say the car was bought as is so it doesnt matter if the seller knew there was something wrong or not.... did yuo sell the car or buy the car?

• Anonymous 1
    February 19, 2013 at 4:23 PM
    Ya like I said it passed in may we took it off the road in december only because we got a great deal on another car. It wasnt even up for sale when they asked about it.

Quoting davnrori:

Let them take you to court. Most, if not all, person-to-person car sales are "as is" condition unless otherwise implied. It is on the buyer to tell the seller that the sale will be considered complete only if the car passes an inspection. You will win.

• Anonymous 1
    February 19, 2013 at 4:24 PM
    Sold.

Quoting mommie2twogirls:

well i would say the car was bought as is so it doesnt matter if the seller knew there was something wrong or not.... did yuo sell the car or buy the car?

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 19, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    Your fault for not having it inspected first. As is sale comes with no warranty. Unless you can prove that the seller promised it would pass, you're sol.
  • bustybee
    February 19, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I'd say that you are in the right.

• Anonymous 1
    February 19, 2013 at 4:26 PM
    I sold it. Not buy. I never promised anything. I said it passed in may and was parked in december. She even drove it away w no ins tags or reg.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your fault for not having it inspected first. As is sale comes with no warranty. Unless you can prove that the seller promised it would pass, you're sol.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 19, 2013 at 4:28 PM
    Yeah, I didn't read it correctly. It's been a long day. You don't owe them anything.

Quoting Anonymous:

I sold it. Not buy. I never promised anything. I said it passed in may and was parked in december. She even drove it away w no ins tags or reg.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN