Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Mommie2Kailen
Texas Teen Wins Right to Give Birth Over Parents’ Objections
February 19, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I'm curious as too what everyone's thought on this would be.

I'm completely pro-choice and feel no one has the right to try to persuade anyone including their daughter to get an abortion.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/02/texas-teen-wins-right-to-give-birth-over-parents-objections/

Replies

• nancym3
    by nancym3
    February 19, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    I'm glad she won. I heard this on the radio this morning.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    February 19, 2013 at 2:06 PM
    I'm all for it. I can't even imagine trying to force my child to do something like that. It's a decision you have to live with forever and I think it's one you have to make for yourself.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 19, 2013 at 2:08 PM
    I choose not to judge others based on their reaction to a given situation. I have no clue what I would do in their shoes.

That being said, she's more than welcome to do whatever she pleases. That doesn't mean her parents have to support her and the baby financially. That's all I have to say on this subject.
  • mcclainprincess
    i am pro choice and i fully support this teens decision. No one should be forced to abort or carry a baby to term if they don't want to.
  • brebugmom91
    Good!! Those asshole parents reminds me of some of the women on here who say their DDs would have an abortion or their life would be hell.
  • Humanoid
    February 19, 2013 at 2:09 PM
    Good for her.
  • Rain2Rinse
    February 19, 2013 at 2:10 PM
    *dd, please do not have sex before you are completely self sufficient and able to care for a child on your own. You know, without needing your father and I to cover half of your medical bills, feed and house an extra person, etc.

If you do become pregnant, please know that I will very strongly urge you to have an abortion, because at 16 you are not in a place to be a mother.
  • Bigmetalchicken
    February 19, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Oh, I would be PISSED if I was the parents. I truly do not believe the story she was telling, and I think this was her plan to get back at them for forcing her to take responsibility for her poor choices. Way to go, stupid judge! You just set a precident that screws parents that actually try to parent.  I hope her parents are able to speed along her marrying that doofus so they are not forced to pay anymore.

• workoutmom2b1g
    February 19, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I think its great she isn't forced to abort, but for her parents to still have to give her the car, pay medical, and cell phone is ridiculous!!

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    February 19, 2013 at 2:12 PM
    I'm glad she won. I'm pro choice. I believe a person has the right either way. And parents should not force their child to have a baby or aport a baby against their will

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN