Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
If you don't know what it is like to lose all hope don't judge.
by Anonymous
February 19, 2013 at 4:27 AM

If you have never been so lost you don't know where to turn.

If you have never sat thinking that no one loves you.

If you have ever been so depressed and in so much pain you want the pain to stop.

If you have never lost everything you ever loved and felt you had no other way out.

Don't judge those who take their own lives.  

Replies

• Ashley_Carlson
    February 19, 2013 at 4:29 AM

I know what it's like, and I know how much it hurts when you're in that mindset to try to take your own life and fail. 

I wish I could do more to save those who have lost their way.

• mattiehatter
    February 19, 2013 at 4:31 AM

I don't think I could ever find myself quite that low again. I lost a friend five years ago to suicide and his friends and family were completely devastated. He was 19.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 19, 2013 at 4:32 AM

So have I, I wouldn't be here today if my husband hadn't taken me kicking and screaming to the hospital.  I was there for 3 days.  I am now on meds and in therapy.  I know what it is like to feel like the world would be a better place with out you (personal) in it.  

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

I know what it's like, and I know how much it hurts when you're in that mindset to try to take your own life and fail. 

I wish I could do more to save those who have lost their way.

• bcoll
    by bcoll
    February 19, 2013 at 4:36 AM

What it boils down to (for me) is that it IS very selfish, but I watched how my uncles suicide affected everyone he knew especially my aunt and cousins.

I also think that when a person is at that point they honestly believe they're doing a favor to people they love deeply. They think those people will be better off, and that "selfish" is not their intent. 

• sugarcrisp
    February 19, 2013 at 4:37 AM

Oh I've been there... But this is also why I have the problem I do with the mental health care system.

• xXxLillithxXx
    February 19, 2013 at 4:39 AM
    I struggle with depression daily and have for many years. Of course I am saddened to hear that someone felt so lost or worthless or overwhelmed that suicide was the only way out but I think it's the most selfish thing you can do...to devastate your children and loved ones. A friend of mine lost his brother to suicide years ago and struggles with it every day.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 19, 2013 at 4:39 AM

When you are that low you don't feel as if you are being selfish.  You feel that you are doing right by everyone.  I felt that my husband and children would be better off with another mother and wife and better off with out me.  I realise now how much it would have hurt them.  Before he got me to the hospital the tears of my children were starting to break through and I knew I needed help by the time we were there.  My family loved and saved me.  I wish others could be that lucky.

Quoting bcoll:

What it boils down to (for me) is that it IS very selfish, but I watched how my uncles suicide affected everyone he knew especially my aunt and cousins.

I also think that when a person is at that point they honestly believe they're doing a favor to people they love deeply. They think those people will be better off, and that "selfish" is not their intent. 

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 19, 2013 at 4:47 AM

I have been there, but, the one hope that I held onto was God and my kids.

• bustybee
    February 19, 2013 at 4:53 AM

very true.

• EvilAsh
    by EvilAsh
    February 19, 2013 at 4:55 AM

I know what it feels like to nearly die when I was taking things for granted. I never will take things for granted again. I know what it's like to lose loved ones, it hurts enough. I will judge those that take their own lives. It's a coward's way out.  I've been down to the bottom before, haven't had the best life, but I pull myself up even when i'm down the most. Makes no sense how anyone, especially with kids, can take their own lives. Only thinking of themselves.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts