Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Ashley_Carlson
Update on Sophia. *Final update*
February 19, 2013 at 4:07 AM

Sophia is still with us, but is doing very poorly. She has a small pneumonia, so her oxygen requirements have gone from .75 liters per hour to 5 liters per hour. We have been keeping her sedated with Fenobarbitol and Morphine. Her O2 sats have been hanging around the low to mid 80s, and her breathing is getting very labored. 

Due to her high oxygen requirements, we've had to switch her from a nasal cannula to an oxygen mask. We were able to get her one with a penguin on it. It's pretty cute, for an oxygen mask. 

Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes. I'll try to continue keeping you all updated.

Sophia has slipped into a coma. Her breathing is very slow and shallow. It's only a matter of hours now.

Sophia passed away peacefully in her sleep at 8:19 this morning. Thank you all for your prayers and condolances.

Replies

• cristina1122
    February 19, 2013 at 4:12 AM
    That's so sad, Im sorry, how old is she? I didn't know they gave morphine for pneumonia?
  • haunted.mommy
    February 19, 2013 at 4:12 AM

She is a little fighter.  I am so sorry.  HUGS.

• tezell78
    February 19, 2013 at 4:13 AM
    Hugs and alot of positive thoughts and energy headed your way( I know you are pegan, so I won't pray to " The Lord" but I am thinking about you.) I hope you can find some comfort and strength in the days and weeks ahead.
  • cristina1122
    I hope she pulls through, she's in my prayers
  • NBean311
    I'm so sorry. Keeping you in my prayers.
  • ColieO
    by ColieO
    February 19, 2013 at 4:14 AM
    You're such a strong mama. She's so blessed to have you.

My son got a turtle oxygen mask when he had RSV. They can be pretty cute.
  • Ashley_Carlson
    February 19, 2013 at 4:15 AM

The morphine is for air hunger. We decided not to treat her pneumonia because she's so close to death and the potential benefits don't outweigh the risks.

Quoting cristina1122:

That's so sad, Im sorry, how old is she? I didn't know they gave morphine for pneumonia?

• cali_angel_girl
    February 19, 2013 at 4:16 AM

Sending tons of hugs your way ((hugs)) 

• bcoll
    by bcoll
    February 19, 2013 at 4:18 AM

In my thoughts always mama.

Love her with everything in you.

Hoping you find peace.

• afwifeandmommy3
    February 19, 2013 at 4:19 AM
    Hugs