Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
MIL invited people to stay in our vacation home
by Anonymous
February 18, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Let me start from the beginning. There is going to be a family reunion in Disney World this spring for DH's whole family. We have a time share there that has 2 bedrooms and a living room and we were able to arrange to use some of our time during the  reunion, it is 6 nights, 7 days.

MIL and FIL asked if they could stay with us, knowing about our time share. Of the rooms, there is a master bedroom with a king size bed and a full size pull out couch. There is a living room with a full size fold out couch and then there is a second bedroom with two full size beds. There is 2 bathrooms and a small kitchen so with 2 people per bed that's 10 people plus we will have our baby's pack and play for her to sleep in.

So we figured we could give MIL and FIL the king bed in the master bedroom (they are bigger then me and DH and would not be comfortable sharing a full size bed) and our 4 and 9 year old sons would sleep on the fold out couch in the master bedroom. Our 17 year old DD and her friend who lives with us (her parents are military and were stationed in Germany and agreed to let her stay with us so that she could stay in high school) will sleep on the fold out couch.  That leaves our 6 and 13 year old girls in one bed in the second bedroom and me and DH in the other with our 7 month on in the portable pack and play.

This should be very comfortable, maybe a little tight with the bathrooms. But then MIL mentioned that SIL and BIL and their 7 and 3 year old could not afford a hotel so SHE invited them to stay with us too. I asked where she thought they would sleep and she said "we will make it work" I told her no, we are already maxed out on beds and 11 people including 3 teen girls and 2 women sharing 2 bathrooms. There is no room for air mattresses when the couches are folded out and when we have the pack and play up.

I am so mad at MIL that after we were nice enough to let them stay with us, she felt the need to overcrowd us with 4 more people without even asking. I told her that she will need to tell them that they can't stay with us. That's they way she is though, give her an inch, she will take a mile

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 18, 2013 at 10:27 PM

bump

• Blueliner
    February 18, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Um yeah, NOT COOL. I'd be ticked... but I can't imagine anyone on either side of our family aver doing that!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 18, 2013 at 10:31 PM

And her attitude was like "it's not big deal". We were nice to let them stay with us and from then on it was like MIL took over the whole place.

Quoting Blueliner:

Um yeah, NOT COOL. I'd be ticked... but I can't imagine anyone on either side of our family aver doing that!

• mom2theA-team
    February 18, 2013 at 10:32 PM

That is not cool, ten bucks you are made out to be the bad guy. 

In all reality though I would allow the others to come but make MIL/ FIL sleep on the floor with no air mattresses... Then again, I hate sharing bathrooms so I probably would not have given the inch.  

• TexasWife
    February 18, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I would have made my husband tell her. That way I wouldn't end up being the evil woman. I learned that the hard way. IT is really sucky that they can't afford a hotel but that isn't your problem. I guess MIL could kindly give up her bed and get a hotel room. lol. Better yet she could help her own child pay for her room. What a jerk.

• Pnukey
    by Pnukey
    February 18, 2013 at 10:34 PM

MIL did something similar to us, only it was she who rented the timeshare, and then over-invited. DH, DD and I were supposed to sleep in a twin bed. DH barely fits in one himself. MIL took the full pull out. SIL got the queen to herself. Uh huh. We just left. F that.

• bustybee
    February 18, 2013 at 10:36 PM

wow. I would ask her where she plans on staying then lol

• michiganmom5150
    February 18, 2013 at 10:39 PM
    Why doesn't MIL help her daughter pay for a hotel? There's not enough room. I'd be upset about that too!
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous

Where do these people come from that think they have the right to invite people to stay in another person's property?!  o.O

I would tell MiL and FiL to get their own damn place to share with SiL/BiL.

• SweetPea2004

Tell her that she should stay with sil/bil in a different hotel that they pay fo.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts