Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Teachers and what we hate about you! UPDATE
by Anonymous
February 18, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Ok, perhaps hate is too strong a word. I will forfeit hate, and, replace with (strongly) dislike about parents.

Our job is to teach your children, according to the curriculum given for the grade being taught.

We aim to target all the different exceptionalities as much as possible. That is, the good teachers will try their utmost to do this.

What we hope parents will do to help their children is do the follow up at home. Read with them. Go through the homework with them. This will help kids to process and retain what they learned in school. If they do this regularly, even if they forgot about a test one day, they would still do great! Don't teach them to only study for tests...that isn't enough. Encourage them to be lifelong learners, by giving a damn about their education. Teachers can only do their part...parents need to help too!

Update: if all you took away from this is that I didn't give you a 1 to 10 detailing what I dislike about parents, you are completely missing the point. Read between the lines. The title is supposed to catch your attention! 

Replies

• chickensmommy
    February 18, 2013 at 9:39 PM
    I don't say anything to my child about her stupid bullshit work. Her father and aunt teach at a k-5 school and her attitude is just fine.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sad. Showing that negative attitude to your child will help in her hatred towards school.

Quoting chickensmommy:

No, we consider it work. Actually, I consider it to be bullshit.

Quoting Anonymous:

You don't consider reading, arts and crafts, and playing games FAMILY TIME?

Quoting chickensmommy:

My Dd is in kindegarten. Her teacher expects us to do homework, cut out game pieces and play games, do specific arts and crafts and read every night. I resent her. It cuts into our family time and Dd is exhausted by 730. It is too much for a five year old.

• AutymsMommy
    February 18, 2013 at 9:39 PM

What do you hate about parents?

Your post went into detail about what you hope parents do - not *what* you hate about them...

• Anonymous 8
    by Anonymous 8
    February 18, 2013 at 9:40 PM
    My son is 3 and has autism. I hope I have a long way to go before he starts getting homework. I don't know how I will be able to work full time, make dinner, and have to help him with homework all before his bed time.
  • t1gger143
    February 18, 2013 at 9:41 PM
    I was told I'm just a babysitter. I teach high school these kids are having babies themselves.
  • KairisMama
    February 18, 2013 at 9:42 PM
    I agree. I have a lot of involved parents ( some TOO involved) and then I have those who don't do shit. Their kids suffer the most.
  • AutymsMommy

Maybe the parents would enjoy spending THEIR VERSION of quality time with their children, instead of teacher directed "quality time" dictated by way of board games and cut outs.

I wouldn't consider doing assigned work, no matter what it is, to be "quality family time", personally.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sad. Showing that negative attitude to your child will help in her hatred towards school.

Quoting chickensmommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting chickensmommy:

My Dd is in kindegarten. Her teacher expects us to do homework, cut out game pieces and play games, do specific arts and crafts and read every night. I resent her. It cuts into our family time and Dd is exhausted by 730. It is too much for a five year old.

• chickensmommy
    It sucks up the rest of the evening in my district.

Quoting Anonymous:

My son is 3 and has autism. I hope I have a long way to go before he starts getting homework. I don't know how I will be able to work full time, make dinner, and have to help him with homework all before his bed time.

• Anonymous 9
    by Anonymous 9
    February 18, 2013 at 9:43 PM

• momtolittleg

Quoting happy2bmom25:

What frustrates me about teachers:
    _when they dont give parents at least an outline of what is going on at school, so reinforcement is a possibility
    _when they are not prepared to teach new math, and present it incorrectly.
    _when they dont respond to emails within 24 hours.
    _they work 3/4 time for full time pay
    _when they blame parents when they fail
    _when they dont tell me someone hit my kid
    I have many more

You must've dealt with some crappy teachers. Who does that stuff?

How about parents who refuse to acknowledge "new math" and keep telling their kid that they're doing it wrong?  And I hate when parents think that teachers don't work full time. 

• Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7
    I love reading and doing school projects with my first grader. I couldn't imagine seeing that as a chore. It's HUGE quality time. Learning is GOLDEN in this house.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Maybe the parents would enjoy spending THEIR VERSION of quality time with their children, instead of teacher directed "quality time" dictated by way of board games and cut outs.

I wouldn't consider doing assigned work, no matter what it is, to be "quality family time", personally.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting chickensmommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting chickensmommy:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN