Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
would you go on vacation if...
by Anonymous
February 18, 2013 at 2:46 PM
DH couldn't go?? I have an awesome job...8 weeks paid vacation a year. DH.doesn't have a good job...not only can he not get the 9 days off to go on vacation...it would be unpaid. I don't see things changing with his job anytime soon. I want to take a vacation...he says to just take the kids and go without him. I am going to...would you?

Replies

• NickelMom5
    February 18, 2013 at 2:47 PM
    Nope.
  • momo3fgr8tteens

Yes and I have done that. Took the kids on a vacation when he couldn't go. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

I only go away for a few days if DH can't go with me.  And usually its just to see my family who live in the next state.  I wouldn't want to go on a real vacation(like to the beach or something like that) without DH. But thats just me.  If you are both ok with it then go for it.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 18, 2013 at 2:48 PM
    So...it's ok for the kids to miss out because his job sucks?

Quoting NickelMom5:

Nope.

• balagan_imma
    February 18, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I do, every summer. He will often join us for a long weekend, or part of our road trip. He can rarely get more than 10 days off. Last year was the exception and he got 3 weeks, so he spent them with us overseas, kids and I were gone for 6.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 18, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    Absolutely!! Coming home to a child free, partner free, responsibility free house can be it's own type of vacation. Enjoy your vacations!!
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 18, 2013 at 2:50 PM
    He is a little bummed...but the kids really want to go.

Quoting Anonymous:

I only go away for a few days if DH can't go with me.  And usually its just to see my family who live in the next state.  I wouldn't want to go on a real vacation(like to the beach or something like that) without DH. But thats just me.  If you are both ok with it then go for it.

• MissMissfit

Yup, and I have. 

• BewitchedKisses

I would. If he can't go then he can't go. Maybe he could go for a few days, then go back home and go to work?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

Yea. I would feel bad leaving him but the whole family shouldn't have to suffer. I would make sure to get a sitter and have a couple special date days for us to make up for it though.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts