Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
would you go on vacation if...
by Anonymous
February 18, 2013 at 2:46 PM
DH couldn't go?? I have an awesome job...8 weeks paid vacation a year. DH.doesn't have a good job...not only can he not get the 9 days off to go on vacation...it would be unpaid. I don't see things changing with his job anytime soon. I want to take a vacation...he says to just take the kids and go without him. I am going to...would you?

Replies

• NickelMom5
    February 18, 2013 at 2:47 PM
    Nope.
  • momo3fgr8tteens

Yes and I have done that. Took the kids on a vacation when he couldn't go. 

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2

I only go away for a few days if DH can't go with me.  And usually its just to see my family who live in the next state.  I wouldn't want to go on a real vacation(like to the beach or something like that) without DH. But thats just me.  If you are both ok with it then go for it.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 18, 2013 at 2:48 PM
    So...it's ok for the kids to miss out because his job sucks?

Quoting NickelMom5:

Nope.

• balagan_imma
    February 18, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I do, every summer. He will often join us for a long weekend, or part of our road trip. He can rarely get more than 10 days off. Last year was the exception and he got 3 weeks, so he spent them with us overseas, kids and I were gone for 6.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    February 18, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    Absolutely!! Coming home to a child free, partner free, responsibility free house can be it's own type of vacation. Enjoy your vacations!!
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 18, 2013 at 2:50 PM
    He is a little bummed...but the kids really want to go.

Quoting Anonymous:

I only go away for a few days if DH can't go with me.  And usually its just to see my family who live in the next state.  I wouldn't want to go on a real vacation(like to the beach or something like that) without DH. But thats just me.  If you are both ok with it then go for it.

• MissMissfit

Yup, and I have. 

• BewitchedKisses

I would. If he can't go then he can't go. Maybe he could go for a few days, then go back home and go to work?

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4

Yea. I would feel bad leaving him but the whole family shouldn't have to suffer. I would make sure to get a sitter and have a couple special date days for us to make up for it though.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN