Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
would you go on vacation if...
by Anonymous
February 18, 2013 at 2:46 PM
DH couldn't go?? I have an awesome job...8 weeks paid vacation a year. DH.doesn't have a good job...not only can he not get the 9 days off to go on vacation...it would be unpaid. I don't see things changing with his job anytime soon. I want to take a vacation...he says to just take the kids and go without him. I am going to...would you?

Replies

• lindilouwho82
    February 18, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Before DH retired from his law practice he had very little time for vacations. We went on a few as a family but DD and I went on several without him. He never had a problem with it and it never caused any resentment.

Your kids deserve a vacation and if you want one, why not go?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 18, 2013 at 3:37 PM
    He would be going off he could take the time off of work...

But..I don't want the kids to miss out because of his job

He can do what he wants while we are gone..golf...gambling....

Quoting phoebe81:

Oh. So you wouldn't even consider it since you're planning on leaving him home alone working while you go have a vacation with your kids? =(

Honestly, if that's your situation, I wouldn't go. Your relationship should be a higher priority than your money/vacation.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ehhh...not really...we only do 1 gift each on holidays too.

I make more..and we have always.for 8 years..kept our money seperate.... But I'm paying for the vacation on my own...

Quoting phoebe81:

Heh, I sort of guessed you were the type who had "his" money and "her" money. 

I guess I'd just feel really bad leaving my husband at home, even if he were ok with it. I'd want to make sure he would have some fun while I was gone, so if I were able, I'd give him some gift certificates. Do you give your husband gifts other than holidays? You might consider it. It might make the whole going on vacation without him thing a bit more palatable.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well..we keep our money separate..So he could do that if he wanted yes... I think he would just work and be home really...

Quoting phoebe81:

Can you give him a "stay-cation" while you're gone? Maybe buy him a gift certificate to the golf course or some other fun stuff he can do with his friends while you're gone? 

I'd go if he was ok with it. If it would cause problems within our relationship, I'd make other arrangements. 

• RunningMommaof2
    February 18, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Ehhh, I'd probably just take the kids for a weekender. I don't think I could go on a whole vacay without dh. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 18, 2013 at 3:38 PM
    Nothing wrong with that!!!

Quoting CV3:

I would love for my husband to enjoy or be interested in the things I am and he feels the same about me but neither of us wants to force the other. I recently went to Mexico for a week and He will be going to Indianna this summer (it sounds unfair, but this is what he wanted) The only vacations we both agree on are Vegas (we got married there and want to buy a timeshare eventually) and Disney (but we dont plan on doing that till our son is at least fully potty trained) Other than that, I head for beaches and camping and he heads for gamer conventions and snow.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is how we are...very different people..we like different things..and do enjoy our time alone..away from each other...
    Makes our time we are together better

Quoting CV3:

My husband and I havent taken a vacation together since our honeymoon. We like different things.

• phoebe81
    February 18, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Of course he can. He's a grown man. That wasn't really what I was getting at. 

Quoting Anonymous:

He would be going off he could take the time off of work...

But..I don't want the kids to miss out because of his job

He can do what he wants while we are gone..golf...gambling....

Quoting phoebe81:

Oh. So you wouldn't even consider it since you're planning on leaving him home alone working while you go have a vacation with your kids? =(

Honestly, if that's your situation, I wouldn't go. Your relationship should be a higher priority than your money/vacation.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ehhh...not really...we only do 1 gift each on holidays too.

I make more..and we have always.for 8 years..kept our money seperate.... But I'm paying for the vacation on my own...

Quoting phoebe81:

Heh, I sort of guessed you were the type who had "his" money and "her" money. 

I guess I'd just feel really bad leaving my husband at home, even if he were ok with it. I'd want to make sure he would have some fun while I was gone, so if I were able, I'd give him some gift certificates. Do you give your husband gifts other than holidays? You might consider it. It might make the whole going on vacation without him thing a bit more palatable.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well..we keep our money separate..So he could do that if he wanted yes... I think he would just work and be home really...

Quoting phoebe81:

Can you give him a "stay-cation" while you're gone? Maybe buy him a gift certificate to the golf course or some other fun stuff he can do with his friends while you're gone? 

I'd go if he was ok with it. If it would cause problems within our relationship, I'd make other arrangements. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts