Mom Confessions

Anonymous
my dh won't let me bathe our dd
by Anonymous
February 18, 2013 at 10:42 AM
He believes it is safer of we both bathe her. And is afraid that I'd he is not there, an accident will happen. (she will get burned by the water, will drown, or just get water in her mouth. Lots of other crazy things) I understood at first, but now she is 6 months old, and he still doesn't like the idea. I have a dd from before him, and I bathed her alone and she is alive, and fine. I just don't know how long this is going to go on. He is afraid of anything happening and her getting hurt. And he gets angry with me if something happens to her. I know i could shower her by myself, but he wants us to do it together, because its safer. I am okay with that, but he works so much. He leaves at 5:30 am comes back at 6:30 pm, somethings takes a nap, or had to leave to go handle other things or his errands. When are we supposed to shower get?

Edit

He is not a creep, his is very over protective, over her and me and my other daughter. I want to know how to help him efeet over it, so I can be her mom.

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 18, 2013 at 10:43 AM
    Bump
  • auntietotty
    February 18, 2013 at 10:45 AM

That's just...strange!

The water wont be too hot if you dont make it too hot.

She wont drown if she isnt left alone.

So she gets water in her mouth...so what?

I'd bathe her anyway.....

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 18, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Bump
  • brettsmomma
    February 18, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Its your child. I dont understand your post. Does he not trust you as a mother?

• Dabrutiful1
    Thia shit sounds crazy...or he's a chester.
  • mrsrodgers0703
    I understand that your dh is a new Dad, but he needs to get a grip. His requests are unreasonable at this point. You are her mother and have every right to bathe her yourself. Also, unless you are purposely running around knocking her into things, it's certainly not your fault when she gets hurt. He has NO rite to be angry with you over that.
  • Beenhereforever
    February 18, 2013 at 10:47 AM
    Just do it without him.
  • Yogamom08
    February 18, 2013 at 10:48 AM
    I think you should make bath time part of the bedtime routine (even if she isn't sleeping through the night yet, it is never to early to have a nightly routine). Bath time should be at the same time every night. If he is there for it, great. Of not, just bathe her. He will have to get over it.
  • _ClearFruit_
    So basically he doesn't trust you. You've must of did something he didn't like for him to act this way
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    He doesn't trust you to keep your kid alive and unharmed. Get off cm and bath her right now.

Mom Confessions