Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
justpeachy71904
cruise with just birth certificate ETA
February 18, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Has anyone just recently hone on a cruise without a passport and only a BC?

i spoke to them and checked travel.state.gov like they said and checked Bahamas like they said and do not have to have one!!! Whew! A birth cert and valid drivers license is all I need!

Thanks mommas :)

My sister did last yr. Carnivals website says you can but my travel agent is like wellllllll

But I depart in 49 days and don't really wanna pay 200 ugh

Any advice

Replies

• unspecified42
    February 18, 2013 at 9:17 AM
    I thought carnival cancelled all cruises for a while?
  • anyotherday

It's a good idea to have a passport anyway... and it should have been included in your vacation budgeting. I dont understand people who plan these elaborate vacations, and then balk at getting the right paperwork in order to even go. 

• mcginnisc

We went on a cruise last year and we had to have passports ( not a problem as we travel a lot). You can depart on a cruise from the US on a BC, but in order to get back into the country, USCIS is now requiring a passport. 

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    February 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM
    I did but that was 7 years ago. But I had no problems. We did carnival.
  • mcginnisc

Quoting unspecified42:

They only cancelled a few cruises- evidently, the ones that ship would be sailing as ships sail every week. I'm assuming that they would have to clean the ship- very well. 

• Miss_Frog

We were just on a Disney cruise in December and none of us had passports. We were told that if you departed and returned to the same port in the US you don't need one.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 18, 2013 at 9:20 AM

No way in hell would I get on that cruise boat. 

But to be safe, I'd get the passport. 

• justpeachy71904
    February 18, 2013 at 9:22 AM
    Well seeing as 1 it isn't elaborate

2 I just booked it

3 I had to order my birth certificate because I didn't have an official copy and just received it on the mail! I haven't had the time to order it and my honeymoon is April 8

so if you don know the situation how about just answer the question and not be a snob ;)

Quoting anyotherday:

It's a good idea to have a passport anyway... and it should have been included in your vacation budgeting. I dont understand people who plan these elaborate vacations, and then balk at getting the right paperwork in order to even go. 

• justpeachy71904
    February 18, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    No... We weren't told that. I think just the ones on that broken ship :(

Quoting unspecified42:

• auntietotty
    February 18, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Quoting Miss_Frog:

We were just on a Disney cruise in December and none of us had passports. We were told that if you departed and returned to the same port in the US you don't need one.

This.  My sister took a cruise..departed from Mobile...went to Progresso and Cozumel and returned to Mobile...no passport needed.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN