Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Am I out of line?
by Anonymous
February 18, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Ok, so my eldest child is 7 and in first grade (I have 4 children total, the youngest is 4 weeks old) We have a swingset with a fort in our back yard.  We live on a military post so it is rather safe.  My daughter and our next door neighbor are playing in my back yard when another child that my daughter knows from class walks up.  She wants to play as well but I have the rule that I must meet parents, they must know wherei live and have a phone number, just in case, before I let a child play on our playset.  The parent refuses to come over so I refuse to let the child play on the play set.  Am I wrong?  Is this how parents parent now a days?  (I ask because the girls parents yelled at me for wanting to meet her).

Replies

• jcrew6
    by jcrew6
    February 18, 2013 at 1:09 AM

No.  I have the same rule.  

• Annettey19
    February 18, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Good rule. I think you're right in your thinking.

• Bethbeth
    February 18, 2013 at 1:11 AM

I think your rules are great. I think everyone should have them.

• bustybee
    February 18, 2013 at 1:11 AM

I'd probably have the same rule. you can't be too safe these days.

• cali_angel_girl
    February 18, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Nope I don't think that is out of line at all.  

• KristenFowles
    February 18, 2013 at 1:12 AM

No.  You're not out of line.

• Sharbear42371
    February 18, 2013 at 1:15 AM

I let the neighborhood kids come and play and I have even fed them many times however, I won't let them swim until I met their parents.  3 yrs and they will not come to meet me.  I have sent my number home with the kids and no call either.  

• Luv_my_hubby
    February 18, 2013 at 1:18 AM
    Nope smart on your part. I wouldn't have a child over who's parents yelled at me for wanting to meet them.
  • TugBoatMama
    February 18, 2013 at 1:19 AM

No. I always want to meet the parents first.

• bluedolly01
    February 18, 2013 at 1:24 AM
    Nope not out of line at all. We used to have a little boy who would come and play in the park in our street with some of the other neighbourhood kids, no one knew who this poor guy was, where he lived, never met his parents nothing.

This poor kid would wander the streets at 5.30 am and still be wandering at 8-9.00at night. HE WAS 5.

Anyway one day he got injured (broken foot) and no one had anyway of contacting his parents ended up calling an ambulance and police. All three kids were taken away by Children's Services.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts