Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
kcangel63
Are You Selfish? I Am And Proud To Be - 3rd UC Baby ** Possible TMI Picture**
February 18, 2013 at 1:01 AM
**There is a picture of baby and I just after birth. Like JUST AFTER. Nothing is 'showing', but if you don't want to see it you might just click back.**

According to some (not just on CM, but IRL) I am selfish for the children I have, and the way they were birthed. It's ok though. I love them. I love the choices I made on how and where they were birthed. I would, and might, do it again. ;)

One person's selfish choice is another person's correct choice. If we want to be eeal about this, we are all selfish. We decide what is right because of what we think, feel, know, want, fear, believe, hope for, etc... We are always going to be viewed as selfish by somebody. Who cares!

My last baby was born at home. She was our 5th home birth. Her home birth may have been selfish to some. However, I'm sure that I would have NEVER been allowed to go just shy of 43 weeks if I birthed in the hospital. I would have had to force her out before she was ready. I would have had interventions that I did not want pushed on me. With the size she was, I might have also ended up with a cesarean because I would not have been able to birth her on my back. It would not have been possible to get her out that way. I know this for a fact. However, some see this as selfish on my part. :(

Just because it's not the choice many women would make doesn't mean it's wrong. It's just different. Everyone needs to make the choice they are most comfortable with.

For every selfish mother here... Those who birthed at home, in the hospital, in a birthing center, cesarean section, unassisted, midwife assisted, OB assisted, vaginal, natural, with pain medications... Post your baby pictures...

Show off your babies!!!

This is the fast story of my last birth. Let us see if the pictures pull up (I'm mobile and trying this mulitple uploading trick).

Jan 8, 2013

42 weeks 5 days

Uploaded with Imgupr

Home Water Birth (birth weight 10lb 11oz)

Uploaded with Imgupr

Joy while I was showering. DH cleaning her up as she pinks up.

Uploaded with Imgupr

Joy's First Day

Uploaded with Imgupr

Our Family

Uploaded with Imgupr

Our Joy, 5 weeks later.

5 Weeks

Uploaded with Imgupr

Replies

• mydarlingsofia
    February 18, 2013 at 1:04 AM

She's gorgeous!! I *think* I'd like to have a home birth but it scares me for some reason :/ I really don't know why.. I'd like to go all natural next time but I also think if I were to birth in the hospital I'd be more inclined to ask for an epidural. But we aren't ttc, we're actively preventing, so that's something I won't have to think about for a little while!

• Annettey19
    February 18, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Beautiful kids! And how are you selfish for a home birth?

• KristenFowles
    February 18, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Congrats!

I had 3 c-sections.. I was told my pelvic bone could not pass a baby larger than 2lbs.. I guess I'll never know..

EIGHT kiddos!?  I'm worn out with three.. Hello super woman.. haha

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 18, 2013 at 1:08 AM
    The second picture O.o
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 18, 2013 at 1:09 AM
    Awesome! what a beautiful family! Are you religious by any chance?
  • kcangel63
    February 18, 2013 at 1:09 AM
    If I was to birth in the hospital, I would probably cave in with an epi. Even with how it messed up my back. It's just that it's so easy to give up when it's offered.

My home births were all so amazing. If you think you might want one, study them out. You might do good to talk with some local midwives just to talk to them and learn more about home birth and what midwives offer.

You might also see if there are any birthing centers near you. They are many times a good middle ground.

Quoting mydarlingsofia:

She's gorgeous!! I *think* I'd like to have a home birth but it scares me for some reason :/ I really don't know why.. I'd like to go all natural next time but I also think if I were to birth in the hospital I'd be more inclined to ask for an epidural. But we aren't ttc, we're actively preventing, so that's something I won't have to think about for a little while!

• Mamabear010
    February 18, 2013 at 1:10 AM
    All humans are selfish by nature. In fact, all species are selfish. It's how we survive as a whole. So to me there is nothing wrong with being selfish. It's a flipping instinct for goodness sake.

As far as home births go. I'm pro choice. I believe women have the right to do what ever they please with their bodies.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 18, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Love that last picture! Baby Joy is beautiful.

• 209mom4you

I always wished I could see my kids all gooey...... i had emergency c section with number 1 and a scheduled with number 2 and they always wiped the boys down before showing them to me.. I never saw a "gooey" baby before thank you.

• kcangel63
    It is an ongoing thing. Big families and home birth posts in different places. LOL!

Quoting Annettey19:

Beautiful kids! And how are you selfish for a home birth?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts