Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
kcangel63
Are You Selfish? I Am And Proud To Be - 3rd UC Baby ** Possible TMI Picture**
February 18, 2013 at 1:01 AM
**There is a picture of baby and I just after birth. Like JUST AFTER. Nothing is 'showing', but if you don't want to see it you might just click back.**

According to some (not just on CM, but IRL) I am selfish for the children I have, and the way they were birthed. It's ok though. I love them. I love the choices I made on how and where they were birthed. I would, and might, do it again. ;)

One person's selfish choice is another person's correct choice. If we want to be eeal about this, we are all selfish. We decide what is right because of what we think, feel, know, want, fear, believe, hope for, etc... We are always going to be viewed as selfish by somebody. Who cares!

My last baby was born at home. She was our 5th home birth. Her home birth may have been selfish to some. However, I'm sure that I would have NEVER been allowed to go just shy of 43 weeks if I birthed in the hospital. I would have had to force her out before she was ready. I would have had interventions that I did not want pushed on me. With the size she was, I might have also ended up with a cesarean because I would not have been able to birth her on my back. It would not have been possible to get her out that way. I know this for a fact. However, some see this as selfish on my part. :(

Just because it's not the choice many women would make doesn't mean it's wrong. It's just different. Everyone needs to make the choice they are most comfortable with.

For every selfish mother here... Those who birthed at home, in the hospital, in a birthing center, cesarean section, unassisted, midwife assisted, OB assisted, vaginal, natural, with pain medications... Post your baby pictures...

Show off your babies!!!

This is the fast story of my last birth. Let us see if the pictures pull up (I'm mobile and trying this mulitple uploading trick).

Jan 8, 2013

42 weeks 5 days

Uploaded with Imgupr

Home Water Birth (birth weight 10lb 11oz)

Uploaded with Imgupr

Joy while I was showering. DH cleaning her up as she pinks up.

Uploaded with Imgupr

Joy's First Day

Uploaded with Imgupr

Our Family

Uploaded with Imgupr

Our Joy, 5 weeks later.

5 Weeks

Uploaded with Imgupr

Replies

• Anonymous 57
    by Anonymous 57
    March 6, 2013 at 11:45 PM
    Please stop posting your freshly birthed child all dirty. We have all seen the picture enough times now.

Thanks
  • kcangel63
    March 7, 2013 at 12:02 AM
    I could post something else. How about the professional picture of my 4th baby (1st home birth).

Uploaded with Imgupr

LOL!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Please stop posting your freshly birthed child all dirty. We have all seen the picture enough times now.

Thanks
  • kcangel63
    March 7, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Or there's my picture of Jacob just after a surprise completely alone birth in the tub. DH got there 5 minutes after the birth.
  • Cynthje
    by Cynthje
    March 7, 2013 at 5:55 PM

I havent had a home birht yet :( My second was a transfer but a planned homebirth, we transfered for bleeding and if i had realised i was in transition it would not have happened. her birth was almost pain free.

If i ever have another baby it will be born at home (UC). I learned my lesson from my first two births 

• redhead-bedhead
    March 7, 2013 at 6:00 PM

If/when I finally get pregnant I will finally be getting my homebirth.

My MIL wants me to come to Mexico so she can attend the birth and so the midwife who caught my hubby and catch the little one.

• sweet.lil.mama.
    March 7, 2013 at 6:02 PM
    Woes! Big baby. I had a home birth and loved it
  • kcangel63
    March 8, 2013 at 1:42 AM
    That would be so cool.

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

If/when I finally get pregnant I will finally be getting my homebirth.

My MIL wants me to come to Mexico so she can attend the birth and so the midwife who caught my hubby and catch the little one.

• Mrs.Burke11
    March 8, 2013 at 1:43 AM
    You're a very strong woman to be able to do that.
  • babie113
    March 8, 2013 at 1:46 AM
    I'm leaning towards a homebirth for my next baby. If I ever get pregnant. Starting to think it wont happen.
  • kcangel63
    May 15, 2013 at 4:21 PM
    Bumping because of the posts on birth judgement.

Btw - Joy is now 4 months old!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts