Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Minnetonka
Children need socialization and intellectualization through daycare----stay-at-home mom is just not enough...
February 17, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Replies

• Anonymous 111
    by Anonymous 111
    March 11, 2013 at 7:30 AM
    My son is disabled, but still affectionate, loving, friendly, and while unable to speak does wonderfully in class, he's a great, bright kid.

His sister is a social, loving, affectionate child, makes friends everywhere, and isn't in school yet.

Both kids are polite, have great senses of humor, love to engage with people, and benefit HUGELY from my staying home, I can do more for them than a daycare worker for less money.

My son has come as far as he has because I'm home, without the constant attention he would not be doing so well with his specific set of obstacles.
  • mom2the.rescue
    March 11, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Maybe for some, but not for all.  Some kids actually benefit from being around someone who takes care of them because they love them.  Some kids may be overwhelmed and stressed out from being around a buttload of cranky, sick, tired, sad kids all day.  I've worked at daycares...the workers don't usually love those kids.  If you provide a loving home with outside stimuli and other people, you are doing your kids a great favor.

• hairbowmama
    April 3, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I homeschool my kids and I work from home and my kids do better then fine.they have good grades and do well socially as well.they play sports and have family that they see.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts