Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Minnetonka
Children need socialization and intellectualization through daycare----stay-at-home mom is just not enough...
February 17, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Replies

• ittybit2012
    February 17, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    Ffs...
  • faeriemom1972

• Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7

I would be bored out of my mind if we just stayed home. My kids had plenty of playdates and trips out to socialize. They are just fine, thanks :)

• Sama2Mamma
    February 17, 2013 at 7:23 PM

yea what the fuck ever. You keep telling yourself that to make whatever you do ok..

We have things called PLAYDATES and BABY CLASSES where we live.

• lwalker270

Depends on the SAHM.  

My children did attend part-time preschool and they were intellectually and socially fine when they started kindergarten.

In fact, my oldest son's kindergarten teacher once said to me, "I can tell you work with him a lot."  

I replied, "Actually, we don't.  We just have conversations with them and expose the boys to many different things."  It's amazing how much a child can pick up when you talk to them.  

Nice try, though :)

• Mommy_Jenx3

What else isn't up to your standards?

• 2manydiapers
    What happened before daycare?
  • slashteddy
    Well bless your little heart, you tried.
  • Anonymous 8
    by Anonymous 8

That statement is plenty stupid for a number of reasons but just one of which is, children don't become socialized by being in one room all day with 10 other children the same age who are also not socialized. 

• eoewan
    by eoewan

Wow, just Wow!

My poor children that I stayed home with when they were babies to pre-school. As adults I can see what you mean. My son is a Supervisor for a large oil company. I have one daughter in University. I have another daughter engaged. And, oh no! I'm now raising a babe and staying home with him. How are they possibly coping seeing as I messed them up keeping them home with me and not putting them in daycare?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN