Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
AlwaysKISA
Why I will never again birth at a hospital. Piog.
February 17, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Working at a hospital I now know with certainty that I will never again step foot in one to give birth. The latest? I went to the nursery to do an ultrasound on one of the babies. When I was in there I heard two of the nurses talking. One of them said "o yea this baby right here is breastfed, but she was crying so I was about to give her a bottle. But then the dad came in and I hid it so quick. I almost got caught". Then they both just laughed.

Wtf is that?? Who do they think they are! Ugh. It just got me mad. Thanks for letting me vent!
This isn't the only reason....just the latest.

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    February 17, 2013 at 11:00 AM

yep..I've seen that before.

• michelles89
    I breastfed and they took my baby to do sugar testing they told me they fed her formula. I was asleep I told them next time bring her back in my room because they also kept her and I wanted her in my room
  • annhart19
    That's why I don't allow my babies to go to the nursery. They stay with me the whole time. Unless something is medically wrong with them. Then I send hubby with them. My babies are not left alone in hospital nurseries.
  • Eliots_momma
    February 17, 2013 at 11:03 AM
    My hospital doesn't even have a nursery. Babies stay with mommy!

That's really sad to hear though :(
  • momo3fgr8tteens
    February 17, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Mine stayed in the room with me the entire time and were never in the nursery. 

• AlwaysKISA
    February 17, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    I guess this one had to be. There was something going on, which is why I was doing the ultrasound. But I still think someone should have at least gone with her.

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

• LntLckrsCmQut
    February 17, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Did you report it?

• krystyneh
    February 17, 2013 at 11:07 AM
    At the hospital I had my daughter (and where I will be delivering the one I'm pregnant with) if you breast feed your baby, your baby stays in your room with you. If you are extremely tired, they will take your baby to the nursery but when your baby is hungry they bring your baby back to you and your baby then stays the rest of the night in your room. I am friends with all of the nurses on the maternity ward and in the nursery. Not all hospitals are like the one you work at.
  • Luna091306
    February 17, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Yeah they gave my dd a paci and "sugar water" in the nursery. I made them leave my ds in my room the whole time. They are always shocked when you do that. "You mean you don't need a break?"

• momo3fgr8tteens
    February 17, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I just think the hospital should follow the parent's wishes and not give them formula if they only want to breastfeed. If the baby is crying, take it to the mom and let her bf real quick if possible. I guess I was very lucky. The hospitals where I gave birth all followed my plan with the birth and then after having the babies. 

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

I guess this one had to be. There was something going on, which is why I was doing the ultrasound. But I still think someone should have at least gone with her.

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts