Mom Confessions

Anonymous
So pissed
by Anonymous
February 17, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Last night I had a close family member pass away. After looking up the cost of travel my SO informed me that he doesn't have the money to "waste on a vacation".

I understand if we don't have the money but his wording sucks. Understandably I've been crying and after a few attempts to comfort me his gets upset and keeps saying I don't know why you keep doing this it wasn't like you were close or anything.

Today I don't feel like doing much of anything. Every time I get started I start crying or just get upset. SO has been following me around the house. "Do you know what would make you feel better? Doing the laundry" "Make the bed it will make you feel better"

Are all men dicks like this or am I just lucky?

Replies

• jkleinman
    February 17, 2013 at 10:52 AM
    He sounds like an ass. I would tell him to back off and give you some space.
  • tinakinakins
    February 17, 2013 at 10:54 AM
    Sadly it seems more and more men are acting like dicks. Its not the fact that its a relative you weren't close to. Its feeling sorrow for the passing of a member of your family. Feeling sorrow for the ones who were closer to him. Death is always a tragedy. I'm so sorry for your loss momma. :/ *hugs*
  • Omd12
    by Omd12
    I'm so sorry for your loss! Maybe you just need to go out for a few hours by yourself.

Sometimes airlines have deals if you call and explain that's it a funeral. You could try.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster

He's gone right now but is it too much to not want to clean an already clean house right now?

Quoting jkleinman:

He sounds like an ass. I would tell him to back off and give you some space.

• gonecrazi
    February 17, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Your just lucky...

• BeAmour
    by BeAmour
    February 17, 2013 at 10:56 AM
    Junk punch him next time and say, "that made me cheer up a bit"
  • annhart19
    Nope all men are dicks!! My husband has been 800 miles away for 2 weeks and won't be home til Friday. Well lucky me I get to be sick, 6 months pregnant and take care of 2 sick toddlers!! And I'm having a shitty morning and tried to call him. And I get told I don't want to talk to you right now. Stop being so shoved up my ass. All I wanted was five damn minutes of support or comfort or something. But nope instead I spent the last 20 minutes crying about it instead!
  • othermom

He is being a jerk. My husband wasn't much comfort when I had people close to me die.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 17, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I agree with the SO...if you wern't close, why spend money you don't have to be at the funeral?

• embrigmom
    February 17, 2013 at 10:59 AM

He's an asshat and needs to be bitch slapped! Sorry for your loss!

Mom Confessions