Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Abortion Adoption and Equal Rights
by Anonymous
February 16, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Which seems more equal/fair to you?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 34% - pro choice. Men should have the ability to have an emotional/financial abortion within a time frame
  2. 22% - pro choice. Men should be forced to live with the woman's decision and post cs is she chooses to have the baby
  3. 14% - pro life. Men who would choose to put the child up for adoption should not have to pay cs if the woman keeps the child.
  4. 17% - pro life. Men should pay cs if the woman keeps the child.
  5. 11% - other. please explain

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 16, 2013 at 2:50 PM
    Bump
  • Anonymous 1
    February 16, 2013 at 2:59 PM
    Nada?
  • Anonymous 1
    February 16, 2013 at 3:26 PM
    Was hoping for another option :-)
  • angevil53
    February 16, 2013 at 3:32 PM
    Men have the option to opt out of baby making before it happens so he needs to deal with what a woman chooses. My opinion.
  • kappalopokis
    February 16, 2013 at 3:34 PM
    A man should be able to resign his rights to the child and bow out. Completely.

If the man makes it clear he has no interest in having a child, he should be able to do that.

BUT I also think that he should have a say, if he wants to parent the child, preventing her from aborting. Barring any threat to mother's life, or general welfare that carrying a child for 9 months might cause.

• KairisMama
    February 16, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Aren't choice one and three kind of the same? Men should have a right not to be forced into supporting a child he didn't want from the get go, yes? 

• Aislin
    by Aislin
    February 16, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I'm pro choice. Men should have no say in abortion. Men should have equal rights in adoption. Children deserve cs from the noncustodial  parent so pro child as well

• Sekirei
    by Sekirei
    February 16, 2013 at 3:39 PM

First one..

men should be able to make a choice as well... that has to do with his own person.. but not the woman's body

• Anonymous 1
    February 16, 2013 at 3:40 PM
    Sexist opinion, don't you think?

Quoting angevil53:

Men have the option to opt out of baby making before it happens so he needs to deal with what a woman chooses. My opinion.
  • Anonymous 1
    February 16, 2013 at 3:41 PM
    They are. Unfortunately, when I posted it as the same option I ended up with a huge abortion debate instead of men's rights

Quoting KairisMama:

Aren't choice one and three kind of the same? Men should have a right not to be forced into supporting a child he didn't want from the get go, yes? 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN