Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Addiction
by Anonymous
February 15, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Ohhh god where to start! My husband is super addicted to loratab I take them too. About five a day for myself and fifteen to twenty for him. Im trying to quit some days I can go completly without.I will be super sick. He wont even try to slow down. The monwy we spend is crazy and we fight alot because I want so badly this out of our lives. I dont know what to do its 3years of this. Im ready to call it quits and stop the meds and him if I have to. I dont know what to do I love him and I alwaya make sure he has what he needs which is horrible. I dont know where to start or how to approach him. Any help is greatlt apprieciated! Please no bashing I know Im doing wrong. I just need some advice.

Replies

• Lilred57
    February 15, 2013 at 1:38 PM
    I've been there mama. 2 long weeks of hell will follow. It's a physical addiction primarily so your body physically needs it(why you get sick) the mental addiction is definitely there too though. If you want to get off of them, half way house/rehab is a great option. Its hard to get off of pain pills (or any drug) and not go drug seeking for a new high. You just get so used to living life high that you forget how to live sober. Eating, sleeping, bathing, and just existing will all seem new for awhile. Anyways Jail time and a recovery home worked for me eventually. I also go to meetings, and a lot of the moms on here are against all that stuff. It worked for me and I will never bash you for this. Feel free to pm me anytime with questions or if you just want to talk, and of course I wouldn't ever share who you are. Good luck mama, you can do it.

Side note-I didn't get into a relationship until I was sober. I have no contact with 96% of the people I used with, but that doesn't mean you have to end your relationship. It's something you will be able to figure out over time, but I've heard it is hard if the other person isn't willing to get sober.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 15, 2013 at 2:09 PM
    Ive tried to withdrawl the leg cramps and side effx are horrible. I have three kids too and I dont want to bite everyones head off. We just got good insurance so im thinking about entering a program. Tha nks so much and I will probably do that I have no support at home so this is very needed. Thanks any advice on handeling withdrawls is great.

Mom Confessions