Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Hayleysmom88
Help! My daughter wont eat.
February 15, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Dd is 7 months old. Her first tooth is breaking through and she refuses any type of baby food. She only wants cold bottles or those little cookies, which imo even though they say seven months she's still too little. She's not very good at chewing them and I'm afraid she'll choke.

I've tried warming and chilling the food. I tried breaking the teething cookie up into smaller pieces, but nothing seems to be working.

I am nervous about giving her formula for everytime she is hungry bc I've been told over 40oz a day can give them too many vitamins and dd without eating any food will want an 8oz bottle every 2 hours during the day and every 4hrs at night so that it well over 40 oz a day.

Has anyone gone through this with their kids when they were younger? I desperate for suggestions lol.

Replies

• Bianca008
    February 15, 2013 at 10:24 AM

She will not starve hon just give her the formula. Soften some cherrios for her. She can eat oatmeal. Give her something new. Babies get bored of stuff. Feed her whatever you want and throw the "rules" out the window. Good luck

• Hayleysmom88
    February 15, 2013 at 10:28 AM
    Thanks. I have been though. She has Gerber puffs that she will eat but I mean a million of those puffs equal like 20 calories lol. She eats all different kinds of food normally but she is refusing all of them now unless they are hard. She won't eat oatmeal. I would love to break the rules and give her what she wants but even with me closely watching her she tries to swallow the damn cookies whole lol. Shell even choke on a rice puff from time to time but at least they dissolve in seconds

Quoting Bianca008:

She will not starve hon just give her the formula. Soften some cherrios for her. She can eat oatmeal. Give her something new. Babies get bored of stuff. Feed her whatever you want and throw the "rules" out the window. Good luck

• KrissyKC
    February 15, 2013 at 10:33 AM

bottles are just fine for her right now,  you could soak a clean washcloth and freeze it... let her chew on it.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    February 15, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Many children do this when they are teething. They want something they can bite down on when teething, just like puppies do. Give her a really cold carrot or frozen bananna for her to chew on. Don't break it up because she is not seeking food, just something to chew on.

• PeaceMuch
    Babies dont even need food yet so the bottles are fine. Her mouth is hurting so no food is just fine for awhile.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2

Her mouth hurts. How much food do you eat when you have a tooth ache? 

• Hayleysmom88
    February 15, 2013 at 10:37 AM
    Even with how frequently she is eating? I heard one you go over a certain amount its like giving them too many vitamins like iron. Makes me nervous.

Quoting PeaceMuch:

Babies dont even need food yet so the bottles are fine. Her mouth is hurting so no food is just fine for awhile.

• Jstoddard98
    February 15, 2013 at 10:39 AM

It sounds like your daughter drinks a lot more formula than my dd did so I'm not much help. My dd at most drank around 36 ounces per day- but she would go 4 hrs between each feed and didn't really drink 8 ounces until she was close to 1 year. I would ck with your pedi just to make sure it's ok to go over the 40.  What about yogurt? another suggestion I've heard is to let baby gnaw on a frozen bagel. Good luck with that teething!  

• Hayleysmom88
    February 15, 2013 at 10:40 AM
    I'm an adult. Although I can't remember the last time I had a toothache. I am not concerned with me getting the proper daily nutrients to grow lol. I feel like its not as big of a deal if I didn't eat for a day or two

Quoting Anonymous:

Her mouth hurts. How much food do you eat when you have a tooth ache? 

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    February 15, 2013 at 10:47 AM
    I found the mesh feeder things at target. Ds loved frozen stuff when he was teething so I would pop frozen fruits and veggies in them and he would go to town on them.

http://m.target.com/p/munchkin-fresh-food-feeder-2pk/-/A-13991507

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts