Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
if my daughter wanted to date a muslim boy
by Anonymous
February 14, 2013 at 2:22 PM

(she is 16)

I would not be happy! And I would probably do anything I could to stop her. 

Would you be happy if your child dated a muslim?

Edited: It has nothing at all to do with the color of his skin!

Replies

• cuppycake1919
    February 14, 2013 at 6:18 PM
    As long as he is good to her, I wouldn't care who my daughter dates
  • Anonymous 33
    by Anonymous 33

Don't you know that was politically incorrect? If a Jewish person, Muslim, Pagen anyone else came on here and said they didn't want their daughter dating a Christian that would be ok, but God have Mercy if we state how we feel.  Double Standards as usual! Smh

• notjstanothrmom

Wouldn't bother me in the least bit. I think the Muslim religion is beautiful... obviously not a terrorist "Muslim."

• Anonymous 30
    by Anonymous 30
    February 14, 2013 at 6:19 PM
    Oh? You walk down the street and see this happening? What part of America do you live in?

Quoting scarletmeshell:

Do you realize those same things happen here by American men?

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope she doesn't. I would not be happy. Well, I think an American born Muslim would be ok. I don't have an issue with the religion, per say, it's the cultural differences of many Muslim countries. I would probably die if she chose to marry an afghan man. Friends who have been there have told me about them. Raping little boys, beating women, shitting wherever they please, sexual relations with animals.

I want no part in that.

• Toxic.Stardust
    February 14, 2013 at 6:19 PM

I wouldn't care if he was Muslim, Jewish, Pagan, or Hindu. If he made her happy and treated her right, that's all that really matters. It makes me sad that there are people like you who judge someone based on one thing.

• RMB2011
    by RMB2011
    February 14, 2013 at 6:20 PM
    Are you being serious right now? Please do not lump all Muslims in with extremists. You need to do your research before you spread your hate and lies.

Quoting MrsHMS:

A Muslim woman wouldn't be allowed to date your son. She marries a Muslim or the sentence is death.   BTW how will you feel if your grand daughters were made to walk around covering their hair. Even the most lazy in faith Muslim man will want his daughters to be raised Muslims. That wont bother you either?

Quoting CeeGee81:

If my son was happy and treated well, I don't are who he dates.  He can most certainly date a Muslim if he chooses to.

• Cynthje
    by Cynthje
    February 14, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Its not up to me to decide who my child dates (son or daughter). As long as the person treats them right i dont see why the religion has to be an issue

I dated a muslim when i was a teen and he was very nice and gentle with me, his religion had nothing to do with the reasons it didnt work in the long term

• Anonymous 34
    by Anonymous 34
    February 14, 2013 at 6:21 PM
    http://mobile.cafemom.com/home/Chantilly1

This is the op. lol
  • SavannahV
    February 14, 2013 at 6:33 PM

... I know muslims who date.

Quoting amberstars:

Muslims cannot date.

We're Muslims and our children will only marry Muslims-not Shia or any of those other stupid sects. 

• umsarah
    by umsarah
    February 14, 2013 at 6:36 PM

I Am a Muslim and by no means I am treated like a second class Citizen. I have the most loving caring husband in the world. The type who would hold you tight when having mensus pain and fix you a hot drink, the type that sneaks into the kitchen to do the dishes and cleans up. The one that appreciateyour efforts and understand your frustrations, and pushes you to acheive your dreams. Please don't mix up the wrong practices of some cultures by the true teachings of Islam. I come across many Christian Moms here in CM. who are abused, humiliated, cheated on, left penniless by divorce settlements, I can go on forever, by their Christian men.

Please don't be mislead by the stereotypes the media projects, and try to know more.

Why not check Muslim Mums Group on this site and ask how are they treated by their husbands.

Quoting KristenFowles:

I'm sorry but it is.  "Honey you can't date him, they treat their women like 2nd class citizens!" .. That is ignorance that is passed down from 1 generation to the next, therefor it is taught.

Typically the parent that hates, has children that hate.  It is taught.

Quoting Anonymous:

you don't teach ignorance

Quoting KristenFowles:

I love that these posts are always anon.. Bored?

I don't teach my children ignorance, and oh yes it is something that's taught.

I'd think nothing of it.He's muslim. I'm an atheist.  She will be whatever she will be.  My grandparents are Christian.. What's for dinner? I have to fold the laundry.........................

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts