Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I bought my own present.
by Anonymous
February 14, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I bought my own present for Valentine's Day! Hubby and I share all of our finances anyways. So I just picked out the cell phone I wanted and ordered it. I bought him a new Xbox 360 but I knew he would love that. I would rather pick out something I know I will love then let him pick something I might not like! He took the kids to the store and let them each pick something for me, one got me a stuffed animal and one got me some chocolates. That effort makes me happy, so I would rather order a present I love and will use than have him waste $200 on something I hate! He was OK with this too, because he hates shopping for me. He's good with the little sweet stuff like flowers and candy, but not expensive purchases.

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 14, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Anybody else buy their own present?

• heavenly1462
    February 14, 2013 at 1:17 PM
    No. I didnt get anything from SO.
  • needsupport100
    February 14, 2013 at 1:18 PM

i'm buying my own, it's a laptop i need for school. just so happens i know the seller, and she's accepting a post dated check from me today. so i'm considering it a valentine's gift from myself to myself

• Anonymous
    February 14, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Yayyy for a new laptop!

Quoting needsupport100:

i'm buying my own, it's a laptop i need for school. just so happens i know the seller, and she's accepting a post dated check from me today. so i'm considering it a valentine's gift from myself to myself

• sampson200
    February 14, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I totally get doing what you did - especially if it makes things easier on him :)

We don't buy gifts on V-day for each other; we usually just stay cozy at home, but HE wanted to 'mix it up' this year so we're going out to my favorite restaurant for sushi and I did make chocolate-covered strawberries this morning before heading to work.

• EmilysMom2010
    February 14, 2013 at 2:14 PM
    I think it's sweet he took the kids out to get you something.
  • AHmom103
    February 14, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Lol. We just go shopping together. He sometimes will pick up a surprise for me on his way home from work, and I make him whatever he wants for dinner. This weekend, we'll be getting a sitter and going to the mall and out for dinner :)

• needsupport100
    February 14, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Yayyy for a new laptop! bouncing

Quoting needsupport100:

• Anonymous
    February 14, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I thought so too =) And the kids were so excited to give me their gifts. It made my day.

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

I think it's sweet he took the kids out to get you something.

• Anonymous
    February 14, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Shopping together is a good idea too. Maybe we will do that for our anniversary lol We went to the kids' favorite restaurant tonight, and we will also be getting a sitter Saturday and going out to dinner and to the hot tubs alone. We only get to go out alone twice a year, Valentine's Day and our anniversary.

Quoting AHmom103:

Lol. We just go shopping together. He sometimes will pick up a surprise for me on his way home from work, and I make him whatever he wants for dinner. This weekend, we'll be getting a sitter and going to the mall and out for dinner :)

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts