Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
chefmartha
I am so frustrated!!!!
February 14, 2013 at 12:55 AM

I am so frustrated I'm starting to get a damn headache.

We are in the process ofr packing up our household to move. We're going from LA to MD. DH got a new job so we'll go where the work is. That's not the problem though.

Since we are living in LA down near to New Orleans, the kids have this week off from school. Every year during the week of Mardi Gras. At the beginning of last week DH got the job offer and we have to be in MD by the 23rd of February so that he can start work on Monday the 25th. We've known since the beginning of January that this was coming and we have been packing and going things since then.

Here's the frustrating part. DD#2 doesn't really take new things too well. She has a tendency to get grouchy, bitchy and all kinds of anxious when this kind of thing happens. She does it before the beginning of the school year, right before we start a vacation to somewhere, and when we move. So now on top of having the kids home, and packing, and Mother Nature with my monthly gift, I've got to deal with her issues as well.

Her newest complaint is all about how we (DH and I) never take her shopping with us. (WOW! We are spending about $200 less simply by NOT taking her with us) How we need to go out to dinner on Friday night (Our payday). Yeah right! Not happening. We have a moving truck to pay for this week and a house to finish packing and clean for inspection as well as gas to pay for and she wants to go out. All I've heard is how much we must hate her because we never take her anywhere. eye rolling

I have been in her room tonight at least 10 times already! I feel for her older sister. I think if DD#1 could get up on her own and walk out of the room she would. She has also been getting frustrated with her younger sister.

I HATE MOVING!!!! I don't mind going new places and making new friends but I absolutely hate the whole packing, moving and unpacking shit. If I can possibly make it happen DD#2 will be riding with her dad and older brother in the moving truck and DD#1 and I will have some peace and quiet with the dogs and cat.  Grrrrr!...I can't wait for this to all be over. Being a teenager I was expecting her to be of some help but no such luck. I think she has packed three boxes total. I asked her to help pick up the slack on some of the chores and she told me no. I am so sick of this already!

I am so not looking forward to two weeks of them being under one roof with me while we wait for our apartment to be ready. (sigh!)

Replies

• MixedCooke
    February 14, 2013 at 1:28 AM

you gave her a choice?  Ummmm no, she does not get a choice when it comes to chores.  As far as dinner out, maybe let her have a pizza night with some of her friends sort of as a goodbye dinner.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    February 14, 2013 at 1:36 AM
    Moving is so hard on kids. They don't get a say and emotions are so confusing at that age anyway.

I agree pizza night!!!
  • chefmartha
    February 14, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Thanks ladies. I was just venting. I should have said that. It was almost mid-night and she was on my last nerve. She's 18 and trying to get her to do anything without an attitude is impossible. When it's her idea it not a problem but tell or ask her to do anything and she acts like you are pulling teeth without a numbing agent.

As for the dinner out thing... She just had pizza out last week so I don't know why she thinks we don't get food out.

She's actually excited about this move. The last move was three years ago. She just get's anxious when we are getting packed up.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN