Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Kids in FT Daycare
by Anonymous
February 13, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Moms, if your children are in daycare full time, do you feel like you miss out on a lot?  That you don't see your kids enough?  That you're only a part time parent, if that?  That, maybe, it was pointless to have kids, as you see them so little?

We're friends with a couple who wants to have their third child. Their other two children are in daycare 50-55 hours each week.  I don't get the point of having another child that they'd never see.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Regarding kids in school- they aren't there for 11 hours daily, usually.  This couple drops their DDs off at 7:00am and picks them up at 6:00pm, occasionally 5:00pm.

EDIT 2: I see that some of you "ladies" have chosen to attack me personally instead of answering the above questions.  Stop being so easily offended.  If you have something valid to add about the topic, please do. Calling me judgemental or a bitch, and saying it's none of my business isn't adding anything to the conversation, whether or not it's true.  You're saying it just to make yourselves feel better.  Maybe you could actually try answering the questions?  

Replies

• ohiomom35
    February 13, 2013 at 2:26 PM
    My kids have never been in daycare and never will be. They are three and five. Five yr old will be starting kindergarten soon
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 13, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I think you are going to get ripped a new one. And I think you should not worry about what or how other's choose to raise their kids.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3

When my oldest was in daycare, I missed her SO much. I hated leaving her and yes, I did feel like I missed out on a ton of stuff. I'm happy that I'm able to stay home now, but I also think that what works for my family may not necessarily work for another.

• Redwoods_Mama

My thoughts?

You have a whole lotta judgement for women who live lives different than your own.  -_-  Wow.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 13, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I guess since my 2 DD's go to school all day, that makes me only a part time parent as well?

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 13, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you are going to get ripped a new one. And I think you should not worry about what or how other's choose to raise their kids.

I don't mind being "ripped a new one".

I'm not worried, I'm thinking out loud, if you will.

• Anonymous 1
    February 13, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

My thoughts?

You have a whole lotta judgement for women who live lives different than your own.  -_-  Wow.

Where did I judge?  I simply asked a few questions.

• Redwoods_Mama
    February 13, 2013 at 2:33 PM

You asked where the judgement is.  Right there in bold.

Quoting Anonymous:

Moms, if your children are in daycare full time, do you feel like you miss out on a lot?  That you don't see your kids enough?  That you're only a part time parent, if that?  That, maybe, it was pointless to have kids, as you see them so little?

We're friends with a couple who wants to have their third child. Their other two children are in daycare 50-55 hours each week.  I don't get the point of having another child that they'd never see.

Thoughts?

• taminick32
    February 13, 2013 at 2:33 PM
    I think the same my DH have always worked opposite shifts so a parent is always home. I also don't like paying to work.
  • Anonymous 1
    February 13, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

You asked where the judgement is.  Right there in bold.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thoughts?

Silly me.  I thought those were questions.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN