Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Mrs.Torres2566
Working moms, do you ever wish you were a SAHM?
February 13, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I used to be a SAHM, but 2 years ago I went back to work after the kids became old enough not to need me at home. I just had a 6 week lay off (it happens every year, so it's not a big deal) and I enjoyed being home SO much. My house was so clean, I was back to making gourmet meals, and I had energy to play games with my kids. When I work I only clean my house 2 days a week and only cook 2 days a week (my days off) and I am so exhausted I just want to come home and put my feet up. I feel like I am missing out on so much. DH makes more than enough to support us without my income, but he wants me to work so we can have extra money for vacations and other luxuries. But he did say if I get pregnant I can go back to staying at home, he hates the thought of his kid ever having to be in daycare. We ARE trying, so who knows...

Anywho, do you ever wish you could stay at home, or are you happy working?

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    February 13, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I'm a happy working mom.

Of course, my kids are 20 and 16.  My SO's kids are 16 and 17.

I don't have any little ones running around.

• dbrown1989
    February 13, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Every single day I wish I could stay home with my littles.

I am not happy working. I hate working...and always will.

• Mrs.Torres2566
    February 13, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Ugh, I know exactly how you feel.

Quoting dbrown1989:

Every single day I wish I could stay home with my littles.

I am not happy working. I hate working...and always will.

• ColieO
    by ColieO
    February 13, 2013 at 1:27 PM
    Hell no. I love my job.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 13, 2013 at 1:27 PM

kind of both depending on my mood. some days I am so tired and want to just sleep in and poop or fart whenever I darn well please. Other times, I am happy to be productive, contributing to our household, and having the ability to take a nice vacation every year or two.

• MsRkg
    by MsRkg
    February 13, 2013 at 1:28 PM

No. I can't make it as a SAHM. I was given 28 weeks maternity leave, I only used about 5, before I went back to work. I am better as a working mom, than staying home. The pro to my job though is that I was able to work both from my home office and my actual work office, so I had the best of both worlds in my opinion.

• owl0210
    by owl0210

I love my career and could never be a SAHM.

• Jessy613

Bump

• MomTo2Boys12
    February 13, 2013 at 1:29 PM
    Nope. When I was a stay at home I had severe ppd after having my son and became a hermit and got to the point that I hated myself and everybody around me and just would never leave home. I got a part time job and I love it. I love having a few hours out of the house interacting with other adults.
  • happinessforyou
    February 13, 2013 at 1:31 PM

You're not TTC so you can stay home are you???

I never wanted to stay home forever, so no, I never was sorry that I went back to work. I still cook/clean etc.. you just have to get really good at organizing/scheduling and delegating. :) GL

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN