Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I don't want to take care of my niece and nephews. EDIT
by Anonymous
February 13, 2013 at 9:56 AM

My sil had her kids removed from her home last week.  She had to be hospitalized due to her mental health & her home was in shambles.  Kids are currently in 2 separate foster homes and they are looking for a relative to take them in.  My husband feels its our duty.  I am just thinking that it would be too much... the court dates, the appointments, the noise, the space, the cost...

SOCIAL WORKER IS COMING TOMORROW FOR AN INTERVIEW/HOME VISIT.  IF WE "PASS" WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET THE KIDS SOMETIME NEXT WEEK.  STRESSED, BUT THE KIDS ARE WORTH IT.  WISH ME LUCK.

Would you take them in?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 93% - Yes
  2. 6% - No

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 13, 2013 at 9:58 AM
    I would take them in a heart beat. I would never wish foster care on anyone, those kids deserve so much better
  • vegepunkstr
    February 13, 2013 at 9:59 AM
    Yes I would. My sister is in a really bad spot right now and about to be homeless so we are just waiting to see if we need to take her 3 kids. My husband and I both don't want any more kids in our home but we will do what we have to to make sure the innocent kids are taking care of and still with family.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 13, 2013 at 9:59 AM

How old are the kids?

How old are your kids? Do you have the space?

Either way, i think that they deserve to be together. they are probably going through a lot, and need the love and support of each other, and people they know.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 13, 2013 at 10:00 AM
    Man, that's quite selfish of you.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Been there, done that. My niece list custody of her 6 children. None of us was able to take all of them in, but we took the ones we could. Since they were in foster care we received the sane check a foster parent would.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    The state should help with some of the cost. At least they do here when my bro and sil took custody of sil cousins.
  • just_hc
    by just_hc
    February 13, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Without even a thought.  I love my nieces and the thought of them in a foster home would kill me.   You will get financial assistance for taking temporary guardianship of them. 

• ame85
    by ame85

I would do it.  I know it may not be convenient for you, but think of what it would mean for the children.  I know it's not any fault of yours, but please reconsider. 

This is coming from someone who was briefly placed in foster care as a child.  It can be a very difficult time, and looking back I wish we had a relative who cared enough to take us in. 

• PinkyPan

I would do it. Those poor children need you. They need a fighting chance at life and someone to hold and love them since MOM wouldn't or couldn't do it.

• olliesmommy2
    Of course. If its possible you do it. They're kids.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts