Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Ideal_Lady
How would you handle this situation?
February 13, 2013 at 8:54 AM
I dropped ds off at daycare and slipped and fell in a huge puddle of water. The water was in the room ds is usually in but since he goes early, he's upstairs until 7:30 and we're told to put the kids belongings in their designated classroom. I have no idea where the water came from but there was no caution signs around. My knee and ankle are killing me right now and I'm thinking about going to the hospital.

Replies

• jillbailey26
    February 13, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Did you tell them you fell and that there was water on the floor?  If no one was in there yet, they may not have known about it.  

• lucky2Beeme
    February 13, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Did you tell the owner right after you fell ?That would be your first step, then fill out an accident form, then go the hospital and get checked out. If you didnt tell you need to call them . Did anyone see you fall ? If so find out that persons name so you have a witness in case the daycare doesn't believe you.

• Ideal_Lady
    February 13, 2013 at 9:01 AM
    No I just left out since I was rushing but someone was already there because the lights were on and the door was unlocked.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Did you tell them you fell and that there was water on the floor?  If no one was in there yet, they may not have known about it.  

• lucky2Beeme
    February 13, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Quoting Ideal_Lady:

No I just left out since I was rushing but someone was already there because the lights were on and the door was unlocked.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Have you called and told them?

• silverdawn99
    February 13, 2013 at 9:03 AM
    Ahhh yes the all important how much should i sue for question.....nothing. its a daycare. Take some advil and let them know what happened
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 13, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Contact them and report the accident and say you were hurt...the issue is this-if you say you slipped and fell there-and there is no witness-they might not pay-and then YOUR insurance won't cover it because you slipped and fell somewhere that should have covered it....

• Ideal_Lady
    February 13, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    No one saw me fall and I didn't
    tell anyone. I know that was stupid of me but I did tell my older son when I got back in the car.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Did you tell the owner right after you fell ?That would be your first step, then fill out an accident form, then go the hospital and get checked out. If you didnt tell you need to call them . Did anyone see you fall ? If so find out that persons name so you have a witness in case the daycare doesn't believe you.

• Ideal_Lady
    February 13, 2013 at 9:06 AM
    not yet

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting Ideal_Lady:

Quoting jillbailey26:

Have you called and told them?

• Ideal_Lady
    February 13, 2013 at 9:06 AM
    How do you know if I have insurance or not? Should I be responsible for the bill?

Quoting silverdawn99:

Ahhh yes the all important how much should i sue for question.....nothing. its a daycare. Take some advil and let them know what happened
  • silverdawn99
    February 13, 2013 at 9:08 AM
    With all the money you supposdly have i should think you insurance. Did you tell them what happened?

Quoting Ideal_Lady:

How do you know if I have insurance or not? Should I be responsible for the bill?

Quoting silverdawn99:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts