Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Im such a bad mom and I dont know how to fix me
by Anonymous
February 13, 2013 at 2:47 AM
I don't know why but when my ds starts crying uncontrollably I get so frustrated so easily and begin to have thoughts that I want to leave him a dh behind. It makes me crazy bc I love them and I've always wanted to be a mommy but now idk what to do. My dh wouldn't understand! His mom walked out on him as a child so that makes me feel even worse. Dh gets to eat sleep shit and shower whenever he wants to and I don't. I'm a sahm which is a dream come true for me...so why does it feel like a nightmare?

Replies

• opinionatedmom
    February 13, 2013 at 2:48 AM

how old is ds?

• horseap
    by horseap
    February 13, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Just because your a SAHM doesnt mean you should feel like a prisoner.  Trust me, I felt the same way.  You need to have some time out so you can clear your head.  Its ok to get frustrated but open up to DH and let him know so he can help take some of the weight off your shoulders!  Just because your not out of the house working doesnt mean you dont bust your butt in the house just as hard!  Do you have any close family or friends?  Maybe a moms group?

• The_Doodle
    February 13, 2013 at 2:57 AM

If you are miserable, maybe being a SAHM mom isn't such a dream come true. I used to really want to stay home with my daughter all the time...until I actually did it. I was looking for a job within 3 months because, as much as I love my daughter, I just can't stay home like that. I work 15-25 hours a week. This gives me the repreive I need plus I am still home enough to spend time with DD.

• Ninjascreenname
    February 13, 2013 at 2:59 AM
    Pm me. I'm right there with you
  • amyleigh80
    February 13, 2013 at 3:05 AM
    You are not a bad mom you are an overwhelmed mom. We have all been there and still go there from time to time. DH needs to know how you are feeling so he can step up and take some of the load off of you. Let him know you are overwhelmed. You can then go take a bath, light some candles and have a glass of wine. You need to take care of you so you can be at the top of your game. You are not alone, you're a mom. We all want to scram from time to time. It's normal. Confide in your husband. Have faith in your relationship and you will get through this. I promise you will.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 13, 2013 at 3:12 AM
    9 mths

Quoting opinionatedmom:

how old is ds?

• opinionatedmom
    February 13, 2013 at 3:14 AM

He shouldn't be crying uncontrollably at that age. when is the last time he went to the doc? is he teething? you need to find an escape at least one night a week no kid no hubby you time.

Quoting Anonymous:

9 mths

Quoting opinionatedmom:

how old is ds?

• unusualmom
    February 13, 2013 at 3:15 AM
    You are allowed to feel these feelings. I remember going to the grocery store and just wanting to fly by my exit on the highway...just keep going. But i didnt. You really need some 'me' time. See if you can get some. You arent a bad mom.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 13, 2013 at 3:18 AM
    Sounds like ppd. Talk to a doc about meds. I had the same prob when my kids were that little.
  • AA2.0
    by AA2.0
    February 13, 2013 at 3:18 AM
    Being a SAHM may not be the right choice for you. You may also be suffering from PPD. Talk to your dr.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts