Mom Confessions

Anonymous
My friend thinks we have more money than we do. *vent*
by Anonymous
February 13, 2013 at 1:38 AM

So I recently bought a new laptop with some of my school refund money. 

I wanted to share the good news so I told her about it. She called me moneybags and I said not really because it was the school refund money that I used to get it and I'll have to pay it back when I'm done with school (its a student loan) and she just got all awkward about it so I dropped the subject.

Then she said that because I consider $10 meals to be cheap meals at restaurants that we have money. Well that IS a cheap meal, cheap meal to her is like $4 but she goes through drive thru's and gets the combo's and have you seen the price of those??? Most combo's are $7 or $8 before tax! 

They never have food in their house but that's because they're always going out to eat.

She works a part time job only two or three days out of the week for a few hours each day and the company refuses to give her more hours but she refuses to find another job. She says it's because she's disabled (she is, she's 27 and has severe arthritis and has to get treatments that take her out of work for it) and that nobody will hire her because of that.

Well thats not MY fault.

Now she's cancelled our valentine's day plans (boys make us dinner) because they have no money now because they had to buy food.

Well, poo, fine, be that way. But Dh and I aren't full of money all the time, we're just smarter with it. BIG difference. 

Replies

• skittlefart
    February 13, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Both of you seem out of line to me. 

• acrogodess
    February 13, 2013 at 1:40 AM
    Not your fault she's a jealous ninny.
  • NewMamaBoo
    February 13, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Straight up

• Hazel2013
    February 13, 2013 at 1:41 AM
    You dont need to prove anything to her. Let her assume away.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster

lol what does that mean?

Quoting NewMamaBoo:

Straight up

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster

Care to elaborate?

Quoting skittlefart:

Both of you seem out of line to me. 

• Rach7224
    I have a lot of people act like that with me too. Even my mom does that.. but since you ackowledge she isnt as good with money maybe you should be a bit more understanding that they needed to buy groceries instead. I see that as a priority.... on the other hand if they are doing that so you will pay thats bs and not a very good friendship. Ive had those people too... and i say had for a good reason :)
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 13, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Eh, my family thinks that we should be writing them a check instead of taking a trip to Europe this summer. It was $7000 for the flight and tour package for 2 people and we are taking $3000 in spending money for 19 days and they think we should have just cut them a check for the money instead of wasting it. People like to pick at stuff.

• matheson7
    February 13, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Why doesn't she try for disability?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 13, 2013 at 1:43 AM
    This whole post just seems a little juvenile. You are upset she thinks you have more money so is judging....but you're judging her for the way she spends her money?

Mom Confessions