Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
kmorales7690
Every time I get pregnant ( breastfeeding)
February 13, 2013 at 12:12 AM
I get excited about a new chance to attempt breast feeding! With both of my girls I only had enough milk to feed full time for 2 months. Then suppliment for 1 month after. I always felt awful about it, having to give my kids formula was tough on me. I am very grateful that formula is out there! Had my kids been born a hundred years ago they may have died from me not being able to feed them or find a wet nurse. I hope with this baby I can go longer, I will never get so discouraged I don't try! Whatever I can give my children is better than nothing right? Ok I'm done with my rambling now!

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    February 13, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Good luck. Do things like fenugreek or mother's milk tea not help you?

• Supervane
    February 13, 2013 at 12:14 AM
    I think breastfeeding is one of those were there is a will there is a way kinda thing. Its not easy that's for sure.

But at least you keep trying maybe this one is the good round for your boobs
  • kmorales7690
    February 13, 2013 at 12:15 AM
    My lc told me I couldn't take those because I'm allergic to peanuts and most people with peanut allergies are also allergic to fenugreek.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good luck. Do things like fenugreek or mother's milk tea not help you?

• tharealty2
    February 13, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I'm not sure if I understand - are you saying you had milk supply issues after 2 mos?  Have you tried the usual things to increase your supply once you got concerned?  I'm glad there are other options when their is a concern too - but 100 years ago, milk suppy was rarely an issue.  

• tharealty2
    February 13, 2013 at 12:17 AM

have you tried oatmeal?

• MylittlePea
    February 13, 2013 at 12:18 AM
    You sucessfully Breastfed don't feel bad feel proud
  • Supervane
    February 13, 2013 at 12:18 AM
    By the way what worked for me to have a good enough supply other than not giving up was, pumping and feeding simultaneously. I felt like a milked cow but it only took about 2 days of that. Body caught up real fast.

• thefiregoddess
    February 13, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    O_o
  • kmorales7690
    February 13, 2013 at 12:21 AM
    Yes with both I had supply issues I did all the stuff I could do. Ate oatmeal drink lots of water kept feeding and pumping even after I stopped producing using the breast instead of a pacifier. It just doesn't happen. My mother always produced like a cow, enough for like 5 babies lol she always tells me I should be happy I can have babies naturally since she had to have 5 c sections an consider myself blessed.

Quoting tharealty2:

I'm not sure if I understand - are you saying you had milk supply issues after 2 mos?  Have you tried the usual things to increase your supply once you got concerned?  I'm glad there are other options when their is a concern too - but 100 years ago, milk suppy was rarely an issue.  

• Rhodin
    by Rhodin
    February 13, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Did you take any birth control after you were cleared at your 6 week appointment?  Because the hormones in birth control can affect your milk supply.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts