Mom Confessions

kmorales7690
Every time I get pregnant ( breastfeeding)
February 13, 2013 at 12:12 AM
I get excited about a new chance to attempt breast feeding! With both of my girls I only had enough milk to feed full time for 2 months. Then suppliment for 1 month after. I always felt awful about it, having to give my kids formula was tough on me. I am very grateful that formula is out there! Had my kids been born a hundred years ago they may have died from me not being able to feed them or find a wet nurse. I hope with this baby I can go longer, I will never get so discouraged I don't try! Whatever I can give my children is better than nothing right? Ok I'm done with my rambling now!

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 13, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Good luck. Do things like fenugreek or mother's milk tea not help you?

• Supervane
    February 13, 2013 at 12:14 AM
    I think breastfeeding is one of those were there is a will there is a way kinda thing. Its not easy that's for sure.

But at least you keep trying maybe this one is the good round for your boobs
  • kmorales7690
    February 13, 2013 at 12:15 AM
    My lc told me I couldn't take those because I'm allergic to peanuts and most people with peanut allergies are also allergic to fenugreek.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good luck. Do things like fenugreek or mother's milk tea not help you?

• tharealty2
    February 13, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I'm not sure if I understand - are you saying you had milk supply issues after 2 mos?  Have you tried the usual things to increase your supply once you got concerned?  I'm glad there are other options when their is a concern too - but 100 years ago, milk suppy was rarely an issue.  

• tharealty2
    February 13, 2013 at 12:17 AM

have you tried oatmeal?

• MylittlePea
    February 13, 2013 at 12:18 AM
    You sucessfully Breastfed don't feel bad feel proud
  • Supervane
    February 13, 2013 at 12:18 AM
    By the way what worked for me to have a good enough supply other than not giving up was, pumping and feeding simultaneously. I felt like a milked cow but it only took about 2 days of that. Body caught up real fast.

• thefiregoddess
    February 13, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    O_o
  • kmorales7690
    February 13, 2013 at 12:21 AM
    Yes with both I had supply issues I did all the stuff I could do. Ate oatmeal drink lots of water kept feeding and pumping even after I stopped producing using the breast instead of a pacifier. It just doesn't happen. My mother always produced like a cow, enough for like 5 babies lol she always tells me I should be happy I can have babies naturally since she had to have 5 c sections an consider myself blessed.

Quoting tharealty2:

I'm not sure if I understand - are you saying you had milk supply issues after 2 mos?  Have you tried the usual things to increase your supply once you got concerned?  I'm glad there are other options when their is a concern too - but 100 years ago, milk suppy was rarely an issue.  

• Rhodin
    by Rhodin
    February 13, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Did you take any birth control after you were cleared at your 6 week appointment?  Because the hormones in birth control can affect your milk supply.

Mom Confessions