Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
PPD
by Anonymous
February 12, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I think its time to admit I am suffering from it again. :(

Any advice??

I am NOT going to take medicine. It really messes with me more and I'm BFing.

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 12, 2013 at 10:48 PM

BUMP!

• Anonymous 1
    February 12, 2013 at 10:48 PM

BUMP!

• pce68
    by pce68
    February 12, 2013 at 10:50 PM

People say exercise helps. I have always been bad about exercising so I can't say from personal experience, but it's worth a shot. Maybe try St John's Wort also.

• joyfullem
    February 12, 2013 at 10:50 PM

If you feel depressed talk to someone! I completly understand avoiding medication, I probably would to especially breastfeeding.  Talk to me if you want to

• ElitestJen
    February 12, 2013 at 10:51 PM

exercise.  get some blood tests run like Vitamin D, iron, etc.  Take a daily multivitamin (or prenatals!). 

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 12, 2013 at 10:53 PM
    Vitamin D supplement (never hurts anyways!)

30 mins of excersise everyday. For me personally I have to have 30min of intense excersise for this to work. A walk or jog doesn't cut it. I need boxing, crossfit, hard run, etc- this is a personal preference for my depression.

Tanning. If you cannot spend 30min outside excersising or outside period a 10 min tanning bed session a couple tims a week will help supplement vitamin D plus the alone time can work wonders.

These are methods that work for me to stay off medication. I still have down days but I'm at least in control and I know what I need on my bad days.
  • ATL958
    by ATL958
    February 12, 2013 at 10:54 PM
    I am so sorry. I had horrible PPD for months after my little girl was born. I also felt the same way about the meds.

One big thing that helped me pull through was reaching out to a friend that had been there, done that, and just listened. She gave no advice...she was just there.

Do you have a friend that is that close that you can call on? Day or night?
  • Anonymous 1
    February 13, 2013 at 1:37 AM

BUMP!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email