Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
tip added to bill by restaurant
by Anonymous
February 12, 2013 at 12:24 AM
The family & I went out to a restaurant tonight for dinner. Waitress was not attentive to us at all & it wasn't even that busy. People who came in after us got to order their food first & eat before we did. She had no problem refilling other customers cup, but she would jut walk pass our table. I had to wave down another waitress to get morw drinks. My son really wanted to try this restaurant, so we stayed. The bill comes & it's $180. I look at the reciept & $30 was added for tip! I believe in tipping, but not that much for a waitress who didn't really gave a shit about us! Uuugh. Restaurants should let customers decide how much they want to pay.

Replies

• shivasgirl
    February 12, 2013 at 12:24 AM

did you speak to the manager about it? no way would I have paid that

• JasonsMom2007
    February 12, 2013 at 12:26 AM
    How many people? Some add a tip automatically for large groups.
  • MsRkg
    by MsRkg
    How many people in your party? 95% of restaurants automatically add in gratuity for parties over 4-6 regardless of service by the waiter.
  • bowribbonmama
    Did you complain to the manager?
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    I did ask to speak with the manager & he said 22% is automatically added on toall bills. They can't/won't take it off.

Quoting shivasgirl:

• Anonymous 1
    February 12, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Quoting MsRkg:

How many people in your party? 95% of restaurants automatically add in gratuity for parties over 4-6 regardless of service by the waiter.
  • AlwaysKISA
    February 12, 2013 at 12:28 AM
    That's bs. They are basically giving the waiters/waitresses no incentive to do a good job!

Quoting Anonymous:

I did ask to speak with the manager & he said 22% is automatically added on toall bills. They can't/won't take it off.

Quoting shivasgirl:

• Anonymous 1
    February 12, 2013 at 12:28 AM
    4 people(2 adults, 2kids).

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

How many people? Some add a tip automatically for large groups.
  • Sassy762
    February 12, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Does it say on the menu that "gratuity would be automatically added for a party of a certain number of people"???

Did you pay it???

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 12, 2013 at 12:29 AM
    That's BS! Write a review on yelp and email a link to it to the manager. My dh works in a restaurant, they actually really do take those reviews seriously!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting shivasgirl:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts