Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
tip added to bill by restaurant
by Anonymous
February 12, 2013 at 12:24 AM
The family & I went out to a restaurant tonight for dinner. Waitress was not attentive to us at all & it wasn't even that busy. People who came in after us got to order their food first & eat before we did. She had no problem refilling other customers cup, but she would jut walk pass our table. I had to wave down another waitress to get morw drinks. My son really wanted to try this restaurant, so we stayed. The bill comes & it's $180. I look at the reciept & $30 was added for tip! I believe in tipping, but not that much for a waitress who didn't really gave a shit about us! Uuugh. Restaurants should let customers decide how much they want to pay.

Replies

• MsRkg
    by MsRkg
    February 12, 2013 at 12:29 AM
    Then you might have met their limit. It's usually printed somewhere on the menu what the party size has to be before they charge automatic gratuity.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MsRkg:

How many people in your party? 95% of restaurants automatically add in gratuity for parties over 4-6 regardless of service by the waiter.

• bustybee

sorry but I would have sent dh to the bank for cash and left $150. because as far as I am concerned a tip is extra NOT expected. did they have signs up stating that a 22% tip is AUTOMATICALLY added?

Quoting Anonymous:

I did ask to speak with the manager & he said 22% is automatically added on toall bills. They can't/won't take it off.

Quoting shivasgirl:

did you speak to the manager about it? no way would I have paid that

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    Where did you eat that was 180$?! Food better have been good! Lol!
    sounds like a nice treat though!
    As for the tip? Yeah that's bull :/
  • shivasgirl
    February 12, 2013 at 12:30 AM

dispute the bill with your credit card company, I am assuming you paid with a card

Quoting Anonymous:

I did ask to speak with the manager & he said 22% is automatically added on toall bills. They can't/won't take it off.

Quoting shivasgirl:

did you speak to the manager about it? no way would I have paid that

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 12, 2013 at 12:31 AM
    I don't remember seeing it, but I guess it could've been somewhwre on the menu. There was 4 of us. Yes, we had to pay it.

Quoting Sassy762:

Does it say on the menu that "gratuity would be automatically added for a party of a certain number of people"???

Did you pay it???

• DieselsMom
    February 12, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Where did you go? that seems crazy!

• Sassy762
    February 12, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Did you pay by cash or credit card????

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't remember seeing it, but I guess it could've been somewhwre on the menu. There was 4 of us. Yes, we had to pay it.

Quoting Sassy762:

Does it say on the menu that "gratuity would be automatically added for a party of a certain number of people"???

Did you pay it???

• katarina666
    February 12, 2013 at 12:32 AM

I'm sorry I don't agree.If your a party of over  a certain # of people a added gratuity is acceptable.If she was Ignoreing you why did you not talk to the manger? I bet there is more to the story.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 12, 2013 at 12:33 AM
    It's a newere bbq restaurant in town. It wasn't worth it lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Where did you eat that was 180$?! Food better have been good! Lol!

sounds like a nice treat though!

As for the tip? Yeah that's bull :/
  • littlelamb303
    February 12, 2013 at 12:34 AM

that is ridiculous.  I don't blame you at all and 22 % for less than great service is outrageous.  I normally tip 20%(even though they say that is too low now) but NEVER for crappy service.  I would definitely YELP it, I always do.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN