Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
tip added to bill by restaurant
by Anonymous
February 12, 2013 at 12:24 AM
The family & I went out to a restaurant tonight for dinner. Waitress was not attentive to us at all & it wasn't even that busy. People who came in after us got to order their food first & eat before we did. She had no problem refilling other customers cup, but she would jut walk pass our table. I had to wave down another waitress to get morw drinks. My son really wanted to try this restaurant, so we stayed. The bill comes & it's $180. I look at the reciept & $30 was added for tip! I believe in tipping, but not that much for a waitress who didn't really gave a shit about us! Uuugh. Restaurants should let customers decide how much they want to pay.

Replies

• MsRkg
    by MsRkg
    February 12, 2013 at 12:29 AM
    Then you might have met their limit. It's usually printed somewhere on the menu what the party size has to be before they charge automatic gratuity.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MsRkg:

How many people in your party? 95% of restaurants automatically add in gratuity for parties over 4-6 regardless of service by the waiter.

• bustybee

sorry but I would have sent dh to the bank for cash and left $150. because as far as I am concerned a tip is extra NOT expected. did they have signs up stating that a 22% tip is AUTOMATICALLY added?

Quoting Anonymous:

I did ask to speak with the manager & he said 22% is automatically added on toall bills. They can't/won't take it off.

Quoting shivasgirl:

did you speak to the manager about it? no way would I have paid that

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Where did you eat that was 180$?! Food better have been good! Lol!
    sounds like a nice treat though!
    As for the tip? Yeah that's bull :/
  • shivasgirl
    February 12, 2013 at 12:30 AM

dispute the bill with your credit card company, I am assuming you paid with a card

Quoting Anonymous:

I did ask to speak with the manager & he said 22% is automatically added on toall bills. They can't/won't take it off.

Quoting shivasgirl:

did you speak to the manager about it? no way would I have paid that

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 12, 2013 at 12:31 AM
    I don't remember seeing it, but I guess it could've been somewhwre on the menu. There was 4 of us. Yes, we had to pay it.

Quoting Sassy762:

Does it say on the menu that "gratuity would be automatically added for a party of a certain number of people"???

Did you pay it???

• DieselsMom
    February 12, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Where did you go? that seems crazy!

• Sassy762
    February 12, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Did you pay by cash or credit card????

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't remember seeing it, but I guess it could've been somewhwre on the menu. There was 4 of us. Yes, we had to pay it.

Quoting Sassy762:

Does it say on the menu that "gratuity would be automatically added for a party of a certain number of people"???

Did you pay it???

• katarina666
    February 12, 2013 at 12:32 AM

I'm sorry I don't agree.If your a party of over  a certain # of people a added gratuity is acceptable.If she was Ignoreing you why did you not talk to the manger? I bet there is more to the story.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 12, 2013 at 12:33 AM
    It's a newere bbq restaurant in town. It wasn't worth it lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Where did you eat that was 180$?! Food better have been good! Lol!

sounds like a nice treat though!

As for the tip? Yeah that's bull :/
  • littlelamb303
    February 12, 2013 at 12:34 AM

that is ridiculous.  I don't blame you at all and 22 % for less than great service is outrageous.  I normally tip 20%(even though they say that is too low now) but NEVER for crappy service.  I would definitely YELP it, I always do.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts