Mom Confessions

Anonymous
14 year-old charged with killing 7 month-old sister
by Anonymous
February 11, 2013 at 9:40 PM

14 year-old charged with killing 7 month-old sister in Silver Spring

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/21092899/14-year-old-charged-with-killing-7-month-old-sister-in-silver-spring#ixzz2KeHlA4xg 
Follow us: @myfoxdc on Twitter | myfoxdc on Facebook

SILVER SPRING, Md. -

A 14 year-old Silver Spring boy is being charged as an adult in the death of his 7 month-old sister.

Police say 39 year old Gloria Yanes, who lives in a basement apartment on Lockwood Drive, left her son in charge of her infant daughter when she went to work at 10:30 PM Thursday night.

When she tried to wake seven month old Larissa at 6 am to feed her, she was unresponsive. Someone called paramedics and police.

"Before we arrived, the paramedics had taken the child to Holy Cross Hospital where she was pronounced dead. Doctors say the little girl had injuries they determined were not self-inflicted," Montgomery County Police Captain Paul Starks says.

So they questioned her brother, Johnathan Aguiluc.

"He admitted that he had beaten the little girl which made her cry, so he covered her nose and mouth with his hands," Starks says.

Starks says because the 14 year-old is charged as an adult with first degree murder, investigators don't think the little girl's death was an accident.

Neighbors are stunned. This woman, who lives next door to the family, says she knew Ms. Yanes worked the overnight shift, but she wasn't aware of her childcare arrangements.

"I know her, but I don't know who was watching her baby. I don't know," she said.

No answer at the Yanes home, rocked by a double tragedy.

"It's not just the death of the seven month old little girl," Starks says. "If the allegations are true, she's going to lose her son too, for a time anyway."

Johnathan Aguiluc is being held without bond.

He's due in court Monday at 1 p.m. for a bond hearing.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/21092899/14-year-old-charged-with-killing-7-month-old-sister-in-silver-spring#ixzz2KeHem3TW 
Follow us: @myfoxdc on Twitter | myfoxdc on Facebook

Replies

• lyssesmommy
    February 11, 2013 at 10:00 PM

wtf is wrong with people these days...Damn bastard obviously has some serious mental issues...

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 11, 2013 at 10:02 PM
    What a terrible situation for the mom.
  • danijean
    February 11, 2013 at 10:03 PM
    Very sad but honestly who in the heck trusts a 14 year old to watch a baby overnight? Mom needs to be charged with something!
  • Katenemsmom
    February 11, 2013 at 10:03 PM
    How horrible.
  • bleumonster
    February 11, 2013 at 10:05 PM
    OMG. That's so horrible and sad. Obviously it was the wrong choice for child care but what a terrible price to pay.
  • TSNDDY
    by TSNDDY
    February 11, 2013 at 10:06 PM
    I watched a women's baby and toddler over night when I was 13/14.

Quoting danijean:

Very sad but honestly who in the heck trusts a 14 year old to watch a baby overnight? Mom needs to be charged with something!
  • MistyMoo
    February 11, 2013 at 10:06 PM
    What's wrong with a 14 year old watching a baby overnight? I started babysitting when I was 13.. Anyways, that's sad and disturbing on so many levels...

Quoting danijean:

• Sunshine2plus2
    February 11, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Wow!

• Nunyabusiness
    February 11, 2013 at 10:07 PM

How sad 

• Abby.N.Amys.Mom
    February 11, 2013 at 10:08 PM

That poor baby!  You cannot possibly throw a 14 year old BOY into the responsibilities of caring for a baby and not expect him to properly handle his frustrations.  It's hard enough for an adult, much less a CHILD.  That mother should be charged, not that boy.  He must be beside himself.  Poor guy.

Mom Confessions