Mom Confessions

momof2891
Locks of Love
February 11, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Has anyone else grown their hair out to donate it to locks of love? I want to grow my hair out to donate it next year but I don't know a lot about how long it needs to be or any other details. Does anyone have any info on it?

Replies

• AngryBob
    February 11, 2013 at 6:52 PM
    Ten inches, it can be layered, but not colored. Locksoflove.com
    I've down it twice now, if you have other questions.
  • teri4lance
    February 11, 2013 at 6:53 PM
    My daughter did. Just call your regular stylist and ask....most if them know how to do it. Also I think they will send you a kit if you need it.
  • momof2891
    February 11, 2013 at 6:54 PM
    Great! Thank you! I guess I am going to have to accept the fact that I can't dye my hair to hide the gray. HaHa!

Quoting AngryBob:

• momof2891
    February 11, 2013 at 6:55 PM
    I usually go to the cosmetology department at my college to have my hair cut. Would the instructors have info on it?

Quoting teri4lance:

My daughter did. Just call your regular stylist and ask....most if them know how to do it. Also I think they will send you a kit if you need it.

• JenW777
    by JenW777
    February 11, 2013 at 6:55 PM

LOL is a scam.  They don't donate a free wig to someone, they sell it for between $3 and 6 grand.  If you have dyed your hair or it's grey, they will trash it.  Google the LOL controversy.

Use a reputable company like Pantene's Beautiful Lengths or Wigs for Kids.

• teri4lance
    February 11, 2013 at 6:56 PM
    Dunno. Call them. If they dont, you should be able to get a kit.

Quoting momof2891:

I usually go to the cosmetology department at my college to have my hair cut. Would the instructors have info on it?

Quoting teri4lance:

• LiesLiesLies
    February 11, 2013 at 6:56 PM
    It CAN be colored.

Quoting AngryBob:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 11, 2013 at 6:57 PM

This!
    I use Wigs for Kids.
    LOL is a joke and should be ashamed. 

Quoting JenW777:

LOL is a scam.  They don't donate a free wig to someone, they sell it for between $3 and 6 grand.  If you have dyed your hair or it's grey, they will trash it.  Google the LOL controversy.

Use a reputable company like Pantene's Beautiful Lengths or Wigs for Kids.

• MDWife12
    February 11, 2013 at 6:57 PM
    I donated my hair once, it grows crazy fast and is almost to my butt, im going to chopit all off again within the next month and donate myhair again.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 11, 2013 at 6:58 PM
    I keep hearing horrible things about Locks of Love

But there are other places that seem to be reputable, I think pantene has a similar organization

Mom Confessions