Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
My 4 year old..........
by Anonymous
February 11, 2013 at 6:21 PM

has high functioning autism but I don't let her get away with bad behavior. Today, I've had enough of this. She is potty trained and only uses pull-ups to go on the bus or ride in the car. NOW...she wants to wear her pull-up all the time. I took the pull-up off as soon as she got off the bus and I get an hour and a half of loud tantrum kicking and screaming and she won't wear pants without a pull-up. She is naked...kicking and screaming. It was time to eat so I eventually put a pull-up on her.

I'm just venting but I'm sick of this. I'm really tired of it. I want to have a conversation with my child and not this endless tantrum business.

I guess I'll just let her scream and cry all day until she gets the point that she can't wear pull-ups. Also the reason why I'm fed up is that she pushes food away (only likes certain things) and refuses to wear NEW things like new shirts and will not wear a dress for the life of her.

I'm also tired of my slack assed landlord...our struggle to buy a house and I can't find a second shift job. (My kid needs therapy during the day...can't work first)

Again, I'm just venting but besides my husband, I have nobody to help me with her. I could use a vacation right now.

Replies

• Paranoai
    February 11, 2013 at 6:22 PM

sounds like she has some serious sensory issues. Don't you get her some type of therapy. That is something you can discuss with the therapist.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 11, 2013 at 6:23 PM

I agree. She is in an IEP and we are waiting to see if we get approved for ABA therapy.

Quoting Paranoai:

sounds like she has some serious sensory issues. Don't you get her some type of therapy. That is something you can discuss with the therapist.

• Lisa.Ross
    February 11, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Will she compromise with you?  Maybe she can wear her "big girl panties" UNDER a pull up?  Then maybe you can just cut back on the time allowed?  My Daughter also has autism but isn't potty trained.  This is what we are trying right now in hopes that the wet cloth of the panties will be more uncomfortable than wet pull ups so that she will let us know she has to go.... (Otherwise, we have her on a schedule)

• Paranoai
    February 11, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Make sure when you have the IEP you don't sign anything until they give you what you need. Make sure you stress all these behaviors and even exaggerate a little so that they will giv them to you. The schools will try to give you the minimum.

Can you get ABA through your insurance?

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree. She is in an IEP and we are waiting to see if we get approved for ABA therapy.

Quoting Paranoai:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts