Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Monster High?
by Anonymous
February 11, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Does anybody's daughters like this? It is ALL my DD can talk about. She loves it! I think it must have been from commercials and stuff in stores because as far as I know she had never watched it. DH recorded a couple episodes of it for her and she really really liked it and wants only monster high stuff for her birthday. I think it's a little old for her (she will be 4 on the 27th). Doesn't anybody's DD who is this young like this? Or how old is your DD that watches it?

I will add that while I think 3 year olds should be watching playhouse Disney type shows she has grown out of that mostly. We don't watch much tv but she does like Umi Zoomi and Sofia the first (her absolute favorite). But otherwise she just likes Disney princess movies.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 11, 2013 at 3:47 PM

My dd loves it. 

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    February 11, 2013 at 3:47 PM

SD5 talks about it. We don't play TV for her when we have her so I've never seen it.

• SadiasMomma
    February 11, 2013 at 3:48 PM
    My dd is 6 and she likes it but it teeters on inappropriate so I limit how much she watches. Seems like its only on during the weekends though. She has a few of the ugly dolls too.
  • MCA23
    by MCA23
    February 11, 2013 at 3:51 PM

My daughter is 7 and loves the dolls and other MH related stuff, but never really watches any of the movies/shows.  We got one on pay per view and I thought it was pretty lame myself.  I've since avoided it and it's not hard to redirect her to other things.

My nieces are 4 & 5 and they love it, too- but again, think moreso the dolls than the show.  And the fact that the bigger girls are into it.  They're pretty hard to dress and play with though, look better up on a shelf.

• kttycat84

My just-turned-four-year old likes watching Monster High with her 6-year old sister. She's outgrown most of the playhouse Disney/Nick Jr stuff too. She does like Sophia the First and Diego though.

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4

DD is 3 and we watched it once. She had absolutely no interest. Actually, ds, 5 was more into it ithan her lol. She's still obsessed with doc mcstuffins!

• TAG_ur_it
    February 11, 2013 at 3:52 PM

my 4 year old has gotten monster high dolls for the past 2 christmases. she turns 5 on friday. we haven't seen the shows though.  we're a big fan of the dolls in this house though. both my girls like them.  SD asked for a lifesize one for her bday. i got her the frankie cutout.  and both girls got monster high comforters for christmas. 

• mary841108
    February 11, 2013 at 3:52 PM

My DD wants them, I wont allow it. They look like hookers to me lol

• sheramom4
    February 11, 2013 at 3:53 PM

My 3.5 year old niece watches it and plays with my middle DD's dolls, but doesn't have any of her own. DN actually prefers Disney movies and Nick Jr, but it is something she does with her cousins (my kids are a lot older).

• Emeraldmama7
    February 11, 2013 at 3:54 PM

All of my girls love the dolls and the show.  My dd's are 11, 10, 9, & 4. 

I don't think there is anything wrong with a 4 yr old watching or playing with the MH dolls. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN