Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
ShanesMommy2012
Some women do not have the right...
February 11, 2013 at 12:05 PM

...to claim this title:

Hit Like If You're A Proud Parent!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Would a $10,000 Scholarship change your life? Balancing life, family & your career is overwhelming! Take control of your future back! Click here to apply for a FREE $10,000 Scholarship: http://womenlifestyletips.com/School4Mom
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A friend that I have on Facebook is 18. Her and her husband just had their first baby. They go out to the bar every other night. Her husband is not employed. They constantly pawn their son off on family or friends, just so they can sit home and do nothing. She just posted that picture on her page not that long ago...

Like really? You do not have the right to claim that title. I, on the other hand, do. My son is 7 months, almost 8 months, old. I have not been away from him for more than 5 minutes of his life. I don't pawn him off on people. I don't go out drinking every other night. I do almost everything myself. My SO (his father) pays for his diapers, wipes, etc.  

Replies

• mich.el.le
    February 11, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Oh, goody! We're playing the ''I have it harder and I'm better than you'' game!

• RaynesMommy07
    February 11, 2013 at 12:08 PM
    Why are you comparing your life to hers? I mean it's ridiculous to be in competition with your friends.
  • ShanesMommy2012
    February 11, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I never said I have it harder than her. But yes, I am a better mother than she is. Not to mention her son is shy of 2 months old and she posted a video of her husband shaking the crap out of his legs and arms (so that his head was shaking back and forth too) and she was laughing in the background. Like, yes, let's give our child Shaken Baby Syndrome!

Quoting mich.el.le:

• ShanesMommy2012
    February 11, 2013 at 12:09 PM

She's an acquaintance.

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Why are you comparing your life to hers? I mean it's ridiculous to be in competition with your friends.

• Rain2Rinse
    February 11, 2013 at 12:09 PM
    Lol, ok judgy mcjudgerson. "She doesn't, but I do" get over yourself
  • RaynesMommy07
    February 11, 2013 at 12:10 PM
    So. It's still ridiculous. No one has the same life and does things the same.

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

She's an acquaintance.

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

• MsRkg
    by MsRkg
    February 11, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Congratulations. Do you want a cookie?

• Mel0dy
    by Mel0dy
    February 11, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I know someone like that. I feel so bad for her son, shes never home with him and the kids "father" is in jail and has been sence before the baby was even born. She spends all her money on getting tattoos and shes ALWAYS out drinking

• Isaacsmom913
    February 11, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Oh boy the Mommy wars.  So long as her child is safe, warm, and loved it doesn't matter if she goes to the bar every night.  I left our son when he was 8 days old for the first time-I formula fed-I circumcized-I'm a SAHM so to many I'm a horrible mother.  Guess what, we all have our brilliant parenting moments and those that make us hang our heads.  I hate the Mommy Wars.

• kitchen.ninja
    February 11, 2013 at 12:13 PM
    Did you educate them on shaken baby syndrome?

By the way I get what you are saying, going out every night is excessive.

However going out when you have a baby isn't a bad thing. Moms need breaks. Dads need breaks too.

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

I never said I have it harder than her. But yes, I am a better mother than she is. Not to mention her son is shy of 2 months old and she posted a video of her husband shaking the crap out of his legs and arms (so that his head was shaking back and forth too) and she was laughing in the background. Like, yes, let's give our child Shaken Baby Syndrome!

Quoting mich.el.le:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts