Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
i'll be honest
by Anonymous
February 10, 2013 at 11:24 PM
i signed up for a bf class. I didn't bf with dd, she wouldnt latch on then she kept spitting up the milk I pumped. But I really want to bf this baby so im taking a class. Well one of the ladies in charge of the class called me to chat and see if i had any questions before the class. Well she started telling her story and honestly I feel a little weird about it. She was saying how she bf her 18 month old and her almost 5 year old still. i cant imagine bf my 4 year old. We are teaching our dd that she can't just touch women's tops. A lot of women in our church wear shirts with beads or pretty decorations on them and dd loves to feel them.

Replies

• Roo1234
    by Roo1234
    February 10, 2013 at 11:31 PM
    Choosing isn't an all or nothing prospect. Just because she is starting her experiences it doesn't obligate you to follow her path. There are a lot of women who only nurse for a year and there are some who intend to nurse for only a certain length of time and for a variety of reasons don't stop when they thought they would.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 10, 2013 at 11:34 PM
    Oh i know. But it's just sort of odd to think of bf an almost kindergartener, at least to me it is.

Quoting Roo1234:

Choosing isn't an all or nothing prospect. Just because she is starting her experiences it doesn't obligate you to follow her path. There are a lot of women who only nurse for a year and there are some who intend to nurse for only a certain length of time and for a variety of reasons don't stop when they thought they would.
  • britmichele
    February 10, 2013 at 11:38 PM
    I think it sounds weird until you're there. I was willing to go til 3 with my son, then re-evaluate. As it turns out, he self weaned just before his 3rd birthday. Not all kids want to nurse that long. And once they eat table food, they eat less from you
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 10, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Ya know, I'll be honest too, I feel a little wierd about women who breastfeed their 4 and 5 year olds. I always wondered if it was because by age 3 my DD was incredibly cognitive and advanced for her age, very spirited and independant. My DS on the other hand was still very baby like but it didn't seem appropriate past about 18 months since he was starting to notice the, um, differences between boy and girl parts. LOL.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN