Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Anyone have a prescription for marijuana for depression/anxiety?
by Anonymous
February 10, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Does it help you? I've struggled with anxiety my whole life, & depression for the past 5 years. Antidepressants seem to only work for a while before losing effectiveness, & Zoloft is the only one that actually works WELL. I do yoga, watch what I eat, journal, etc., but I still struggle, especially in fall/winter.

I don't live in a state where it's legal, but I've read some studies saying it has good effects for depression, & few or no negative side effects compared to traditional meds. So, does it help? How hard was it to get the prescription? Is it expensive? Do people know you use it? Basically, I'm interested, so please share your story.

Replies

• idee
    by idee
    February 10, 2013 at 12:09 AM

My cousin has no depression and is always smoking marijauna. He has no prescription but he does it anyways. He also gets really depressed during his highs. When he is not using he is really cool, and more energetic.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 10, 2013 at 12:12 AM

BUMP!

• Anonymous
    February 10, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Darn, I was sure somebody would have personal experience. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 10, 2013 at 12:21 AM
    Not much help here but if you are in CA I know it is very easy to get a px. Whether it would decrease or increase your depression/anxiety I have no idea.
  • Anonymous
    February 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM

BUMP!

• wkukid
    by wkukid
    February 10, 2013 at 12:32 AM

No but I def qualify if I wanted it,

• elliotmommytobe
    February 10, 2013 at 12:53 AM

I qualify for a number of reasons but don't have the money to get my card at the moment. so I just do it without the card when i feel the need. I have depression, anxiety, scoliosis, arthritis, degenrative jaw disorder fibromyalgia and more qualifications.

• Anonymous
    February 10, 2013 at 7:28 AM

& it does help you? I'm sorry you've got so much going on, yikes!

Quoting elliotmommytobe:

I qualify for a number of reasons but don't have the money to get my card at the moment. so I just do it without the card when i feel the need. I have depression, anxiety, scoliosis, arthritis, degenrative jaw disorder fibromyalgia and more qualifications.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 10, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Do you live in a Northern climate where you get less direct and less overall sunlight in the fall and winter?  If you do then you might have better luck taking a supplement of Vitamin D-3 at least 1,000 units.  

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 10, 2013 at 8:07 AM
    Um. My DH uses it for his depression. It's illegal here so no prescription, but the pot works better than his meds do.

Mom Confessions