Mom Confessions

flawskii
no strollers allowed
February 9, 2013 at 5:28 PM

People who uses strollers as a way to steal out of stores messes it up for everyone else. During Christmas season my mom and I were out shopping with the baby and of course I had my stroller. I tried going into Areopostale but was stopped at the door and was told no strollers were allowed. Then yesterday I needed to go to the grocery store. I don't have a car so I walked to the one closest to my house and when I got up there I was stopped by a big ass sign that says no strollers allowed. I was beyond frustrated that I just walked up to that damn store for nothing.

Replies

• flawskii
    February 10, 2013 at 6:11 AM
    The stores I've been to said it's for theft reasons and sometimes it's for space reasons which is what was probably the reason I couldn't take my stroller in the clothing store.

Quoting bustybee:

they don't ban strollers here... but 9/10 stores won't fit 99% of the strollers used in my area. I have an umbrella stroller, that is in my car for emergencies/must have stroller times, that *can* fit.. but not happily :( but I have never seen a store ban strollers. may I ask why they would ban them?

• bustybee
    February 10, 2013 at 6:13 AM

I have never in my life seen that. but then I do live in a small town and that is were the majority of my experience comes from lol. that really sucks that they are so anal about strollers. some people/places don't understand that not every one can baby-wear.

Quoting flawskii:

The stores I've been to said it's for theft reasons and sometimes it's for space reasons which is what was probably the reason I couldn't take my stroller in the clothing store.

Quoting bustybee:

they don't ban strollers here... but 9/10 stores won't fit 99% of the strollers used in my area. I have an umbrella stroller, that is in my car for emergencies/must have stroller times, that *can* fit.. but not happily :( but I have never seen a store ban strollers. may I ask why they would ban them?

• GirlWithANikon
    February 10, 2013 at 6:18 AM

Now thats discriminatory against strollers! I'm kidding but, but then again not. If you let one stroller, you have to let any that fit in the door. She couldn't tell a large women sorry, judging by looking at you, you in particular won't be a good fit for our rack spacing. I wouldn't like that at all. I realize its a stroller, not a person, however its the same concept. You simply can't say the ones I pick are ok and the rest can just window shop.

Thats bad business anyway. I wouldn't shop there either, they obviously don't need you so give the cash to some company that can appreciate a loyal customer. I was retail for so long but its so different now I can hardly stand to SHOP retail let alone work it. There is no manners, no care, and no work ethic with no accountability. Yuck. Customer service is my pet peeve bc I worked it for so long and if I so much as slouched or didn't greet someone fast enough you better believe someone was up my butt like you wanna get paid????

Quoting flawskii:

I can understand it being a space issue but like I told another poster my problem wasnt the fact no stroller weren't allowed it was because she flat out said no strollers when it was a family right in front me of with a stroller shopping. All she had to say was I'm sorry ma'am but your strollers to big I could have understood that. I didn't put up a fuss or nothing but I'll never go back in thht store that's for sure.

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

Some stores its because of space. i worked at areopostale years ago in a mall and it was a space issue. Tiny store the kid and strollers just pull evvvverything up off the racks and with them. then mom puts them in a giant pile like oh, opps, sorry! Uh no.

• Hanab818
    February 10, 2013 at 6:22 AM

wow that suck. what do they expect us to do at christmas time let our little ones crawl or walk around the mall all willy nilly pulling shit off the racks?

• flawskii
    February 10, 2013 at 6:27 AM
    I guess I gotta leave the LO at home while I shop!

Quoting Hanab818:

wow that suck. what do they expect us to do at christmas time let our little ones crawl or walk around the mall all willy nilly pulling shit off the racks?

• Hanab818
    February 10, 2013 at 6:30 AM

i actually qould of let my 2 yo out and reak havock and say if you dont want to deal with that then you should of let me shop with my storller. because leaving them at home is not an option most of the time, at least for me.

Quoting flawskii:

Quoting Hanab818:

• flawskii
    February 10, 2013 at 6:38 AM
    Lol well DD is only about to be 6 months so she can't do too much damage lol

Quoting Hanab818:

i actually qould of let my 2 yo out and reak havock and say if you dont want to deal with that then you should of let me shop with my storller. because leaving them at home is not an option most of the time, at least for me.

Quoting flawskii:

Quoting Hanab818:

• Hanab818
    February 10, 2013 at 6:44 AM

dang. well did you at least call corporate. cuz if there was someone else in the store using a stroller an this girl said no strollers allowed id do something about it. but then again this was at christmas. so not mcuh help it could do now

Quoting flawskii:

Quoting Hanab818:

Quoting flawskii:

Quoting Hanab818:

• flawskii
    February 10, 2013 at 10:03 AM
    It didn't cross my mind. I just kept shopping elsewhere. I just decided I'd never shop in there again. It was okay though because Forever 21 had a way better sale! lol

Quoting Hanab818:

dang. well did you at least call corporate. cuz if there was someone else in the store using a stroller an this girl said no strollers allowed id do something about it. but then again this was at christmas. so not mcuh help it could do now

Quoting flawskii:

Quoting Hanab818:

Quoting flawskii:

Quoting Hanab818:

• Mommy383
    February 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM
    Quoting flawskii:

I would be emailing corporate with the day and time you were in the store. That is not acceptable.

Mom Confessions