Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Is it weird that I agree, that addiction is a choice....
by Anonymous
February 9, 2013 at 3:37 PM

The other poster was either poofed or she deleted it herself. ( I don't agree that addiction is a choice, I just wanted it to be known what post I am discussing)

She made some good points. Simply teaching your children to just say no, isn't enough. You should teach them about being responsible with drugs, if they do end up going out and doing drugs.

Now, I am by no means going to give drugs to my kids, or tell them its okay, because its not okay to abuse drugs, but if they do, do drugs, to use them responsibly, and to be safe about it. You can't protect them from everything, but you can arm them with knowledge at least.

Replies

• maciymommieof3
    February 9, 2013 at 3:40 PM

No... I think addiction is choice and  dependence  is a medical call for help!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM
    On August 21 I celebrated 15 years clean and sober. My ds' have been having the drug, sex, party talks for as long as they can remember. And I will tell you right now I will know if they do anything and I will deal with accordingly
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 9, 2013 at 3:42 PM
    She deleted it right after admitting she got addicted to Vicodin.
  • LiesLiesLies
    February 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM
    Addiction is a consequence of bad choices. Plain and simple.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM
    I will not teach my children there is a safe way to do drugs because there isn't. The best way to Void getting addicted is to not ever do drug. I had to many friends that started doing drugs as teens.one that started in 5th grade. It has screwed up their lives. I will teach my kids to just say no. Its really not that had to say.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 9, 2013 at 3:47 PM
    Educating your children is more than "just say no"

There is no responsible way to use an illegal substance.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 9, 2013 at 3:49 PM
    Well gee, if I'd known that getting so sick that I needed prescription painkillers was a choice then I wouldn't have spent that time in the hospital hooked up to an IV.

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

• Amybelle
    February 9, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Like I said to her....

go ahead & take that risk with your child.....

• Amybelle
    February 9, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I usually agree with you but I can't on this.

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 9, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I read that. She said that she stopped using it when it ran out and didn't go out to seek more. I wouldn't consider that addiction.

Quoting Anonymous:

She deleted it right after admitting she got addicted to Vicodin.

Mom Confessions