Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
anybody have...?
by Anonymous
February 9, 2013 at 3:27 PM
a child who developed a rash covering a portion of their body? If so what was the diagnosis? My dd has developed a rash out of nowhere..It started this morning and seems to be spreading. There has been no changes in anything she eats, drinks, or uses. No new detergent, body wash, or lotion. She got a flu shot Thursday but i dont think that would cause a rash 2 days later. she has no fever and doesnt act differently. Can anybody help? I want to take her to express care because there is no reason for it, but at the same time the only symptom she has is the rash. She also has had a runny nose for the past 4 days.

Replies

• MrsRinehart2010
    February 9, 2013 at 3:29 PM

my daughter was dignosed with scarlet fever this week lol. she also had strep which it can be associated with but doesnt have to be my daughter has had it over 25 times with no rash but just happend to get it this time. btw my daughter never shows symptoms of strep except dry heaving an kidney infection not the normal symptoms lol

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 9, 2013 at 3:30 PM
    :( i hope she feels better. How old is she?

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

my daughter was dignosed with scarlet fever this week lol. she also had strep which it can be associated with but doesnt have to be my daughter has had it over 25 times with no rash but just happend to get it this time. btw my daughter never shows symptoms of strep except dry heaving an kidney infection not the normal symptoms lol

• MrsRinehart2010
    February 9, 2013 at 3:32 PM

thanks , shes 5 she also has a ruptured ear drum as well thats why they think she got the scarlet fever with the strep this time lol. But she seems to be fine today actually a little wild lol.

But could it be hives?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

• Anonymous 1
    February 9, 2013 at 3:39 PM
    im not sure. My grandma thinks it could be kawasaki disease because that's how i started out when i had it. and i read that children from parents who have had it are twice as likely to get it..that thought scares me.

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

thanks , shes 5 she also has a ruptured ear drum as well thats why they think she got the scarlet fever with the strep this time lol. But she seems to be fine today actually a little wild lol.

But could it be hives?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM
    Exczema
  • MrsRinehart2010
    February 9, 2013 at 3:42 PM

maybe google , i know it sounds silly but you can usually get a pretty good visual on what other rashes look like an get a decent idea on what it maybe. I use google aot before we go to the docotr lol and Im usually spot on what my girls have lol. obviously no substitute for doctor but it can give you an idea on what you are dealing with

Quoting Anonymous:

im not sure. My grandma thinks it could be kawasaki disease because that's how i started out when i had it. and i read that children from parents who have had it are twice as likely to get it..that thought scares me.

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

But could it be hives?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

• Anonymous 1
    February 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM
    I've looked at Google alot today...lol. They are all more severe than what she has.

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

maybe google , i know it sounds silly but you can usually get a pretty good visual on what other rashes look like an get a decent idea on what it maybe. I use google aot before we go to the docotr lol and Im usually spot on what my girls have lol. obviously no substitute for doctor but it can give you an idea on what you are dealing with

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

But could it be hives?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

• AlwaysKISA
    February 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM
    Fifths disease?
  • MrsRinehart2010
    February 9, 2013 at 3:45 PM

does it feel bumpy or scaly kind of lacey. Most people describe scarlet fever as lacey but to me if feels bumpy.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've looked at Google alot today...lol. They are all more severe than what she has.

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

But could it be hives?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

• Anonymous 1
    February 9, 2013 at 3:51 PM
    I dont think so. dd is only 2. The rash isnt on her face either...just her back and top of shoulders.

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

Fifths disease?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN