Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
should i let his family be involved even though he doesnt want to be?
by Anonymous
February 9, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Ds is 3 weeks old my stbxh wants NOTHING to do with him...he hasnt seen him and doesnt want to either.his sister sent me a facebook message last night saying her and the rest of the family really want to see him and spend time with him and they know im breastfeeding so they would love it if we would both come over for dinner or something so we can talk and they can meet ds.im not sure how i feel about this and im not sure what to do.i know my stbxh didnt even want them to know about ds but we saw his sister in walmart and he looks just like his dad and when she asked if he was stbxh i told her the truth.he left when i was 3 months pregnant(HE cheated)and we hadnt told anyone yet.i love his family but i dont want ds involved in drama and i feel his dad will start a ton if i let them see him...advice please

Replies

• jillbailey26
    February 9, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I'd go over.  Just because your son's dad doesn't want anything to do with him doesn't mean you have to alienate his whole family.  Maybe your ex will take a hint and step up and be the father he should be.  If not, at least your son will know the other side of his family.

• lauren.m
    February 9, 2013 at 1:26 PM
    There may be drama but the more people who love the child the better it is for the child IMO. Good luck with whatever decision you make. And Congrats on the new baby!!
  • Sassy762
    February 9, 2013 at 1:27 PM

IF the family wants to have a relationship with the child and they are cool about you not being with your Ex, then I say go for it.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 9, 2013 at 1:28 PM
    thank you

Quoting lauren.m:

There may be drama but the more people who love the child the better it is for the child IMO. Good luck with whatever decision you make. And Congrats on the new baby!!

• Sekirei
    by Sekirei

Quoting jillbailey26:

I'd go over.  Just because your son's dad doesn't want anything to do with him doesn't mean you have to alienate his whole family.  Maybe your ex will take a hint and step up and be the father he should be.  If not, at least your son will know the other side of his family.

Yup.. I agree with her^^ :3

• karisma22

You shouldn't keep his family from seeing your son just because your ex is an ass and doesn't want to be involved.  It's not their fault that he doesn't want to be involved.

• kngarber
    February 9, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Yes.  They didn't do you wrong.  He did.  If they are good people don't punish them.  Good luck!!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 9, 2013 at 1:29 PM
    they havent seen or talked to him since we split.he is to far up his gf's ass

Quoting Sassy762:

IF the family wants to have a relationship with the child and they are cool about you not being with your Ex, then I say go for it.

• barrelracer1699
    February 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM

That is his family. They deserve to get to know him too!

• fullxbusymom
    February 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM

This

Quoting jillbailey26:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts