Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
bmom2
anyone have type 2 diabetes? i have a question
by bmom2
February 8, 2013 at 10:00 PM

what can you eat?  and what should you stay clear of? and what can you drink other than water?

Replies

• Lizardannie1966
    February 8, 2013 at 10:04 PM

The obvious things to avoid are not only those foods that will elevate your blood sugar but those that also slow down your already slow metabolism.

This includes foods high in starch and carbs.

Definitely label read and get to know the "natural" foods that still contain "natural" and hidden sugars and starches.

Water is wonderful to drink and can actually assist in helping to stabilize your blood sugar.

Have you looked into the Sugar Busters Diet? If nothing more, it can give you some incredible insight into what to avoid and what to look for.

Check your blood sugar routinely--both before a meal (fasting) and after a meal, and keep a written log of the time of those tests and what the results were.

• mbc324
    by mbc324
    February 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I am a type2 diabetic. I control mine by counting carbs. Eat lots of chicken tuna, fish, fresh & frozen veggies. Message me if you want to chat & I can help you.

• Lizardannie1966
    February 8, 2013 at 10:15 PM

You don't (and shouldn't, unless approved by your primary care doctor and/or nutritionist) need to follow this diet to the letter, but it gives some great ideas about cutting back on the starches and sugars as well as great recipes to try:

www.sugarbusters.com  (sorry but can't make this clicky)

There are some great sites out there (some not-so-great, too--typical) for Type 2 Diabetics to learn more about their disease, how to manage it and what foods they can/cannot eat.

And again, contact your doctor/nutritionist for their suggestions, as well.

Good luck to you! :) I've been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes since early 2007. Since that time, I've lost over 100 lbs and I've learned how to eat healthier and take my overall well-being more seriously.

• spunky946
    February 8, 2013 at 10:17 PM
    You need to see an endocrinologist and a diabetic nutrionist.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts